By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 2 vs. Final Fantasy XIII (Metacritic Predictions!!!)

Congrats Pepride, looks like you bested S.T.A.G.E on ffxiii week 1 sales in JP. I dont know why he'd think a numbered FF will do less than a mil week one.

On topic, I think ME2 will be rated higher at least in the west (EA has "connections" y'know) so I'm gonna go with

ME2: 9.5

FFXIII: 9.1

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
Congrats Pepride, looks like you bested S.T.A.G.E on ffxiii week 1 sales in JP. I dont know why he'd think a numbered FF will do less than a mil week one.

On topic, I think ME2 will be rated higher at least in the west (EA has "connections" y'know) so I'm gonna go with

ME2: 9.5

FFXIII: 9.1

Soon, when I have the time, Stage will have an FFXIII avatar and signature :D

And with that vote the total comes to 22 - 9 in favor of Mass Effect.

I'd say:
ME2: 9.3-9.5
FF XIII: 9.2-9.4

And if FFXIII gets 9.4, ME2 won't get 9.3, so they will either be tied, or ME2 will be one or two ahead (well three according to my predictions,lol).

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

perpride said:
CGI-Quality said:
perpride said:
It seems like practically everyone is expecting both to be AAA games!!!

And IMO, that's what really matters. Both games will be seen by the public as "must haves". This is a larger reward than any grade they receive.

It's cause these developers always deliver!

Bioware made one of the worst sequels of all time.

As for Square Enix, just look at any their recent work. Nuff said.

My Prediction

FFXIII - 89

ME2 - 92

dobby985 said:
perpride said:
CGI-Quality said:
perpride said:
It seems like practically everyone is expecting both to be AAA games!!!

And IMO, that's what really matters. Both games will be seen by the public as "must haves". This is a larger reward than any grade they receive.

It's cause these developers always deliver!

Bioware made one of the worst sequels of all time.

As for Square Enix, just look at any their recent work. Nuff said.

My Prediction

FFXIII - 89

ME2 - 92

Yeh but I've yet to play a game in the main installment of Final Fantasy and not enjoy it. Not to mention they have one of their best teams working on this and they've worked four years to deliver.

As for Bioware, they also gave us KOTOR and Mass Effect 1 so I can't see how they can mess this up.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
If FF XIII wasn't a multiplatform game, this would be an easy prediction. But since the game is also coming to the 360, FF XIII might actually have a chance to score higher. Then there's FF XII which was a downright terrible game, but still got a very high metascore. I guess because it was more like a WRPG when it came to battles.

I think I'll go with:

FF XIII - 90
ME2 - 93

I don't understand...why would the game score higher because its multiplatform? I thought it worked the other way around nowadays. It's easier for exclusives to get good ratings but multiplatforms are starting to struggle (there's obvious exceptions).

perpride said:
RolStoppable said:
If FF XIII wasn't a multiplatform game, this would be an easy prediction. But since the game is also coming to the 360, FF XIII might actually have a chance to score higher. Then there's FF XII which was a downright terrible game, but still got a very high metascore. I guess because it was more like a WRPG when it came to battles.

I think I'll go with:

FF XIII - 90
ME2 - 93

I don't understand...why would the game score higher because its multiplatform? I thought it worked the other way around nowadays. It's easier for exclusives to get good ratings but multiplatforms are starting to struggle (there's obvious exceptions).

Protip: "Do not trust people with Kim Possible avatars."

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
perpride said:
RolStoppable said:

I think I'll go with:

FF XIII - 90
ME2 - 93

Protip: "Do not trust people with Kim Possible avatars."

Dude it's impossible to tell when they are serious or joking sometimes!

how much u wanna bet that mass effect 2 will have a higher score on metacritic than FF13 ????

cuz it will LOL

i mean the first reviews for ff13 arnt as good as mass effect 2's

FF XIII - 90 Some probs with linearity and lack of exploration I hear. JRPG's not quite so popular.

ME2 - 92 RPG purists voting it down as a TPS, some bugs inevitable w/ BW and new engine.

I think we can assume Square produced a beautiful bug-free product but Bioware are innovating on the conversation system, have fixed tec. issues and quests. Plus wrpgs are it with the western press now. Even the MS haters won't risk cred. by giving this 7s. FF might struggle staying AAA if long time fans don't like the comparison with prev. FF. ME2 has only one game to improve on.