By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - (Worldwide) New Super Mario Bros. Wii has outsold PS3's Call of Duty: MW2

funny; Did anyone not expect jumping to be fun?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
funny; Did anyone not expect jumping to be fun?

melty3219, apparently

wow i thought recently it was only at 2million....good job Mario =)

Xoj said:
nordlead said:
Xoj said:
doesn't ps3 have half the userbase?

casuals only count as 1/2 of a person.

so headshots count 1/2?! no wonder my killing ratio it's so low on mw it's full of casuals

only if a casual player went over a friends house to play a shooter, as the PS360 is the Hardcorze.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I still think it's wierd that we have a thread about a wii game outselling a ps3 game.

But congrats mario, did not expect 5M THAT quickly.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
I still think it's wierd that we have a thread about a wii game outselling a ps3 game.

But congrats mario, did not expect 5M THAT quickly.

blame the interviewer and holidays. Everyone wants to know what the biggest game of the holidays will be. Heck, the majority of VGChartz viewers didn't even think NSMBWii would sell the most in December, but it will easily blow everything else away

What will be the best selling game in December?
Assassin's Creed II 440 6.48%

Final Fantasy XIII 2,042 30.06%

Modern Warfare 2 1,881 27.69%

New Super Mario Bros. Wii 2,208 32.50%

Wii Fit Plus 83 1.22%

Other 140 2.06%

Worldwide Monthly Chart for December 2009 (29th November 2009 to 12th December 2009)

Pos Console Name Publisher Monthly
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Nintendo 3,002,275
Wii Sports Resort
Nintendo 1,443,160
Wii Fit Plus
Nintendo 1,376,106
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Activision 1,621,733
Assassin's Creed II
Ubisoft 1,280,710

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

What kind of insanity leads one to believe that even FFXIII in JAPAN ONLY could beat MW2 and NSMBWii WORLDWIDE?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
What kind of insanity leads one to believe that even FFXIII in JAPAN ONLY could beat MW2 and NSMBWii WORLDWIDE?

If NSMBWii had launched in November in Japan it may have had a shot, but it would have had to do at least 3m in December only making it the fastest selling FF in Japan ever.

Woo, really? I guess I need to have more faith in my namesake.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

How the hell am I supposed to not make a duplicate thread with these new threads not living in the standard forum areas. For the love of god can someone go ahead and lock my thread.