By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - (Worldwide) New Super Mario Bros. Wii has outsold PS3's Call of Duty: MW2

trestres said:
@Nordlead: He was asked if he meant the 360 version, and he said he did. USA only though.

funny, I've heard it both ways from various people

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Machina said:
nordlead said:
sheesh, people screw up the Reggie thing so badly (myself included). It was 1 version of MW2 (not specified) in the US only.

I haven't checked, but I get the impression that Reggie never mentions a version (just 1 version, like you say), but the guy interviewing him only ever mentions the 360 version, and since Reggie agreed to the bet after that the inference is that the bet was over the 360 version. Course this confusion allows both sides an easy get out if they lose one side of the bet but win the other ;)

The text quoted in the article linked above says only 1 version, with NPD through January. I haven't seen the whole interview, but I also heard from a lot of people that the interviewer tried to get him to commit to the X360 version, but he kept on refusing.

People like to say that, but... I haven't double-checked, I only saw it the one time, but I can pretty much swear that Geoff Keighley finalized the bet as "So NSMBWii will outsell Modern Warfare 2, single-platform, on the Xbox 360, by the end of January in the US?" and Reggie just went "Yes."

@nord: http://blogs.popzara.com/index.php/item/1138

Geoff: "You're on a single platform."

Reggie: "Absolutely. I say that unequivically."

Geoff: "You're going to sell more copies of New Super Mario Bros. Wii then Modern Warfare will on the 360. Just on the 360?"

Reggie: "On one particular platform,"

Geoff: "Just on the 360?"

Reggie: "I do believe so. Now, you have to give me the entire holiday selling season. So lets take it all the way trough the January NPD data. I'll take that bet."

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

A wii game with mario in the title outselling a PS3 game? Wow !

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

yeah its pretty sad that a lazy, cheap and backwards game from nintendo outsells MW2 of PS3. casual gamers suck

Around the Network
melty3219 said:
yeah its pretty sad that a lazy, cheap and backwards game from nintendo outsells MW2 of PS3. casual gamers suck

Somehow, I see a ban in your future.

melty3219 said:

You don't happen to be from IGN, do you?

Pixel Art can be fun.

doesn't ps3 have half the userbase?

Xoj said:

casuals only count as 1/2 of a person.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
Xoj said:

casuals only count as 1/2 of a person.

so headshots count 1/2?! no wonder my killing ratio it's so low on mw it's full of casuals