By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Left 4 Dead 2, Origional cast return...... who's PUMPED for this?...!!!!!!!

Valve announced that new DLC content The Passing for L4D 2 set for a 2010 release. The twist? The Passing will follow the Dead Center campaign with the survivors of L4D meeting up with the new cast from L4D 2. That’s right the old cast is going to star in the new DLC content. The DLC will also have new content for all game modes, new weapons and new achievements. As strange as it sounds it may be cool to see what unfolds in The Passing when it hits. We will have more details and pricing closer to the release date.

Around the Network

YES I can't wait

Zoey, Francis and Ellis FTW!

Seece said:
YES I can't wait

Zoey, Francis and Ellis FTW!

I kinda like L4D1'S crash course DLC, but truth be told it added nothing more than new scenery (and achievements of course)

L4D2'S DLC on the other hand........... wow, New and old characters meeting up........ no doubt the new and old characters will have plently of stories to tell.

New achievements confirmed.

New weapons................... Bring it on......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like Valve are gonna make this DLC nothing short of epic.

Long live the L4D universe

That's pretty cool. I started to like the L4D cast, I always play as Zoey for some odd reason, it'd be cool to play as her in L4D2.

I pretty pumped for this, though I will be incredibly upset if they don't take advantage of the possibilities.

Think about having two separate groups of survivors both trying to get to an area for one large final showdown. In spirit of L4D, the two groups can do various things to make the other groups life easier (open gates, call the horde to them away from the other group, ect).

How awesome would that be?

Around the Network
twesterm said:
I pretty pumped for this, though I will be incredibly upset if they don't take advantage of the possibilities.

Think about having two separate groups of survivors both trying to get to an area for one large final showdown. In spirit of L4D, the two groups can do various things to make the other groups life easier (open gates, call the horde to them away from the other group, ect).

Sounds like a very good plan, zoey & co open door for Nick & co, Ellis & co open shutter for Bill & co, i hope your listening valve.

The ending with 8 players & all 6 Infected spawning at the same time as opposed to 3.

Double your money in both humans and infected.

Could be amazing.

Ronster316 said:
twesterm said:

Sounds like a very good plan, zoey & co open door for Nick & co, Ellis & co open shutter for Bill & co, i hope your listening valve.

The ending with 8 players & all 6 Infected spawning at the same time as opposed to 3.

Could be amazing.

But that's normal co-op, L4D needs to take it a step further.  If the two teams can make it to the finale without helping each other, but if they do, things are easier.

That means no holding open the door puzzles, it would have to be things you can still get by without the other but make things easier for other team if you do work together.

It would be cool too if you could contact the other team through radio and flares.

And then while the two survivor teams couldn't do anything but indirect interations like above, the undead team would have to choose which team to attack.

Just think of how that would be awesome on a whole other level?

twesterm said:
Ronster316 said:
twesterm said:

Could be amazing.

But that's normal co-op, L4D needs to take it a step further.  If the two teams can make it to the finale without helping each other, but if they do, things are easier.

That means no holding open the door puzzles, it would have to be things you can still get by without the other but make things easier for other team if you do work together.

It would be cool too if you could contact the other team through radio and flares.

And then while the two survivor teams couldn't do anything but indirect interations like above, the undead team would have to choose which team to attack.

Just think of how that would be awesome on a whole other level?

Lots of possibilities.

1 team of 4 play as zoey, bill ect for 3 of the 4 campaigns (opening doors for the other team ect)

Other team play as Ellis, Coach ect (and open routes for other team)

You all meet up on the final stage of the campaign for one truly staggering encounter.

Do you think the engine can handle 8 player co-op? Based on versus, I think it could.

this is coming to pc aswell so why green?

anyway it sounds ok i guess. There wasnt anyone on L4D that i disliked but im starting to hate ellis, stupid redneck