By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan makes the best games.....wtf?!? (poll discussion)

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Heavenly_King said:

METAL GEAR SOLID 4
FINAL FANTASY XIII
DEVIL MAY CRY 4
RESIDENT EVIL 5
STREET FIGHTER IV
BLAZBLUE
BAYONETTA
YAKUZA KENZAN
YAKUZA 3
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2
VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
DEMON SOULS
SOUL CALIBUR 4
AND ALL THE WII GAMES PEOPLE LIKE (I SUPPOSE......lol XD)

Keep going. Include AAA's in there because you're going to need a very big list to match the top western made games. :)

*yawn* Only consoles can have good games, only AAA titles, blah blah blah.

Eventually, you can whittle down your specifications down enough until you fix the argument to your side.  I nthe end, all you're doing is excluding good games from 'lists' based on your preconceived notions of which side is better.

LOL You're reading my statement wrong. I never stated I was dwindling down specifications, I stated to add more AAA's to your list because that wont cut it.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Heavenly_King said:

METAL GEAR SOLID 4
FINAL FANTASY XIII
DEVIL MAY CRY 4
RESIDENT EVIL 5
STREET FIGHTER IV
BLAZBLUE
BAYONETTA
YAKUZA KENZAN
YAKUZA 3
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2
VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
DEMON SOULS
SOUL CALIBUR 4

Keep going. Include AAA's in there because you're going to need a very big list to match the top western made games. :)

Eventually, you can whittle down your specifications down enough until you fix the argument to your side.  I nthe end, all you're doing is excluding good games from 'lists' based on your preconceived notions of which side is better.

LOL You're reading my statement wrong. I never stated I was dwindling down specifications, I stated to add more AAA's to your list because that wont cut it.

What list?  I haven't posted a list.  I'm not Heavenly_King.

I was targeting my comments to both of you.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

A lot have also been saying something about Western games literally all being shooters. It's like saying all Japanese games have ridiculous outfits while the characters use swords or gun-blades.

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Heavenly_King said:

METAL GEAR SOLID 4
FINAL FANTASY XIII
DEVIL MAY CRY 4
RESIDENT EVIL 5
STREET FIGHTER IV
BLAZBLUE
BAYONETTA
YAKUZA KENZAN
YAKUZA 3
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2
VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
DEMON SOULS
SOUL CALIBUR 4

Of course you have to specify... makes it difficult if you don't.

GerOhMyGosh said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Heavenly_King said:

METAL GEAR SOLID 4
FINAL FANTASY XIII
DEVIL MAY CRY 4
RESIDENT EVIL 5
STREET FIGHTER IV
BLAZBLUE
BAYONETTA
YAKUZA KENZAN
YAKUZA 3
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2
VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
DEMON SOULS
SOUL CALIBUR 4

Of course you have to specify... makes it difficult if you don't.

Couldn't have said it better myself. My statement was quoted and no was called out in particular. It's easy to assume it was me that he was talking to.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. My statement was quoted and no was called out in particular. It's easy to assume it was me that he was talking to.

Its in the context of the post.  Which you seem to be overlooking completly because you feel its not related to your posts.

Maybe repeating it in a different way will make it clear.  Anything can prove your point in a discussion if you keep focusing on only the points that make your argument work.  In this case, only console games, so called 'AAA' titles, etc.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

If someone could just put two lists side by side of AAA titles (not of their opinion, but of average critic scores) the answer would be clear. Honestly, a lot of games most people here listed will be cut when putting up a AAA list.

I voted for Japan because first of all last gen my games where only from japan the exception was
GTA and Diablo 2.

This gen its 50/50 but its 50% Japan and then 20% Uk 20% USA 10% France. So my choice goes to Japan. They are not as dominant as before and USA UK France make way better games then last gen.

GerOhMyGosh said:
If someone could just put two lists side by side of AAA titles (not of their opinion, but of average critic scores) the answer would be clear. Honestly, a lot of games most people here listed will be cut when putting up a AAA list.

Critic scores don't determine AAA-status, that has more to do with developer focus and budgeting.

(yes, Lair was a AAA game for Factor 5)

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Its in the context of the post.  Which you seem to be overlooking completly because you feel its not related to your posts.

Maybe repeating it in a different way will make it clear.  Anything can prove your point in a discussion if you keep focusing on only the points that make your argument work.  In this case, only console games, so called 'AAA' titles, etc.

The point of this thread was to point out that Western titles are not inferior to Japanese titles this generation, rather more the opposite. Though the opinions of critics are still opinions nevertheless, it's still a better choice to go off of when deciding which titles are better as critics try to be as unbiased and rate each game fairly by specific standards.