By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gaming headphones??

Im looking for some good quality surround sound headphones, which i can use while gaming, which work with the ps3. Is there any you could reccomend for me? and i dont really want to spend that much either. Thanks

Around the Network

Good Quality and cheap, don't always go hand-in-hand.

I own a pair of Turtle Beach wireless for my 360 that I'm happy with.  I think they make a set that works with the PS3.  I'm interested in moving up to the Astro set that works with all systems though...but they aren't cheap.

I have the Turtle Beach X4 ones (5.1 surround) and I love them. They're made to work with the 360 but they work with receivers and the PS3 too so there's no need to worry about that. The only thing you'll be missing out on is a mic.  You can probably find the 5.1 set for around $100 which is pretty good for a wireless set of surround sound headphones I think.

There's a 7.1 pair too, but I believe those are somewhere around $200.

I mainly love them because I can wear them for hours with glasses and not have my ears hurt which is a pretty significant feat.

The thing that sucks about them is that the receiver part of the headphones pretty much has to be directly in front of you with nothing obstructing it. The box says 30 feet, any direction, multiple room but that is pretty much bullshit.

I'm wondering that too for one that works with both my 360 and PS3 because my wired mic broke again. I heard Turtle Beaches were good but HDMI has some weird setup to make them work which I have no idea how to do.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:
I'm wondering that too for one that works with both my 360 and PS3 because my wired mic broke again. I heard Turtle Beaches were good but HDMI has some weird setup to make them work which I have no idea how to do.

As far as the 5.1 Turtle Beach ones go, it does not have HDMI, it only has stereo (Red/White) and optical.

To get the sound to work on the 360 you need a special cable that allows you to do optical and HDMI, if they sell that (I forget).  Right now I have the one on my desk using stereo and DVI because I don't care too much about sound at the moment.

I forget how I had it set up at home.  I know I used optical and I'm pretty sure I used component (whichever one had 5 connections) since I had an old 360 at the time, but I forget how I had it setup with what wires.

Around the Network

TURTLE BEACH!

Tritton AX 720. I believe they are surround sound. I have the Tritton AX 180, they are alright but I should have went with the 720 :|.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

I have some 5.1 Sony digital wireless ones that I connect via optical to the PS3.

They aren't cheap but are excellent and don't cut out anywhere in our apartment; even through several walls.

Use them for movies too.

PSN - hanafuda