By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN N-Podcast 60 and Summary - How Wii doesn't even compare to Current Gen.

"Requiring hard numbers to counter a claim that does not involve hard numbers is complete nonsense."

Then you don't know what pushing a system means.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
"Requiring hard numbers to counter a claim that does not involve hard numbers is complete nonsense."

Then you don't know what pushing a system means.

No. You don't understand the job of the person who made the claim you are implicitly defending. If one of the programmers, or anyone who should be expected to have even the most passing understanding of exactly how hard NSMBWii was pushing the system made this comment then we would not be having this conversation. This is a point you continue to evade.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Okay I lied I'm back, I thought of something while me and the wife were watching Miss Congeniality (shut up, Michael Caine is awesome).

Gnizmo, granted that Miyamoto wasn't a programmer here, but doesn't it make sense that he could get that information anytime he wanted? May have even gotten it when being briefed on the idea of online play, when he was deciding not to include it? I do not think assuming that Miyamoto is in the dark is very reasoable.

I would admit this is true. My problem is I just cannot fully grasp how it could eat up so much of the system resources. The reason I am stuck on doubting it is Miyamoto's statements about never wanting to have online. He has more than enough swing to kill a feature with a single word. I am struggling to understand his motivation in trying to find out how hard it would be to implement online.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

"If one of the programmers, or anyone who should be expected to have even the most passing understanding of exactly how hard NSMBWii was pushing the system made this comment then we would not be having this conversation."

What makes you think he doesn't know those numbers? You think just because he didn't do any hard coding (and how do we know he didn't) he wasn't given the specs for the game?

Perhaps he might be a boss that doesn't care about those things, but considering he's been involved in that aspect of game development, it's very unlikely he wouldn't care to know them now.

And that does NOT mean the numbers don't matter. You're still evading, and how dare you project that on me. Either present proof or admit you don't have it. I'm not absolving Nintendo of it. I'm just holding you to it as well.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network

He probably didn't want to find out: it was probably presented to him by the technical team. Or something. I don't know. Coming up with scenarios for it feels dishonest for me, because I'm only making shots in the dark.

I just have trouble disbelieving him out of hand.

Khuutra said:
He probably didn't want to find out: it was probably presented to him by the technical team. Or something. I don't know. Coming up with scenarios for it feels dishonest for me, because I'm only making shots in the dark.

Why is it so hard to believe at least the possibility he might be right? He might be lying, but I'm sick of this defacto assumption that any Wii had to have a certain look to be pushing the system.

Soma said:
Siko1989 said:
you know the nintendo seal of quality? thats changed at the moment, i mean nintendo are letting 3rd party's put shovelware on there machine so they can gain there 3rd party support again and thats fine by me.. nintendo had a love/hate relationship with 3rd party's in the past so nintendo are trying to change that, i thought most of you would be happy that nintendo is trying to gain that support again?

Are you saying the Nes and Snes didn't had shovelware??????

well i know the nes but i dont know about the snes becaus ei never owned one

LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:

Why is it so hard to believe at least the possibility he might be right? He might be lying, but I'm sick of this defacto assumption that any Wii had to have a certain look to be pushing the system.

We work within the assumptions around which a conversation is based, and dismissing notions gets us nowhere. I believe Miyamoto out of hand but when a person disbelieves or is incredulous we are better served in helping them see ways in which they might get past that incredulity

if there doing it for the traffic why did they pick nintendo? cant they pick other topics to gain traffic? lol