By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Another PS3 and Xbox 360 review: Devs Problems: Lack of memory on Sony PS3 and storage on Xbox 360

I'm still learning about these game consoles and this site has taught me alot, but many of your knowledge goes over my head.  This article is simple yet informative especially for a novice like me.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2007/11/03/devs-problems-lack-of-memory-on-sony-ps3-and-storage-on-xbox-360/

"Yet, you will notice that the PS3 sufferes time and time again in comparison - just mildly - mind you. The issues being what? Framerate? Resolution? This are problems not associated with CELL, but less memory, fill rate, bus transfer etc. The only way to really optimize is for Sony to “cut the fat” from their supplied libraries."

"But everyone, just bear this in mind. The Xbox 360, for all the bagging it gets, is really quite a powerfull piece of kit. It has 3 seperate PPC cpus, which basically equates to 6 hardware threads. It has more memory to play with, a superior GPU, and superfast bus rate.

All the BS talked about GOW pushing the 360 is almost toss. Sorry. It was only running on two thread system. And even that engine was very buggy and “heavy” at the time. If not totally overated in its own right as well."

Around the Network

PS3 graphics are still awesome(NINJA GAIDEN:SIGMA) for an example. Also, the framerates are now as fast as the xbox360,remember the PS3 is more complex and harder to make games for-thus having less glitchers while playing someone online. NBA LIVE 08 is running 60fps and all other EA SPORTS games after it! You gotta be an xbox360 fanboy cause u seem to b very bias-I LOOK at the whole picture!ONLY REASON XBOX360 will sell more copies of a game is because the 360 came out earlier and more people have a 360 because the PS3 has about half the console sales of the 360.By the end of the year we'll see how much the PS3 closes the gap between the 360 who now only sells 360 games while the ps2 still sells consoles and games.NOBODY will catch the Wii 4 know but HALO 3 is a great game. 40gb PS3 -$399.00 and XBOX360 20gb -$349.00 LET THE CONSOLE WAR HEAT UP AND intensify -YOU KNOW PS3 SALES ARE GONNA DOUBLE AND TRIPLE....... D.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!

Not to thread cap or sound like a fan boy (since I'm really about the Wii and couldn't care less about the 360 versus PS3 debate), but that web site is just trash. No, wait, let me rephrase. That web site is T-R-A-S-H. It feels like anyone can put up their own two cents:

http://www.product-reviews.net/2007/10/29/couldn%e2%80%99t-care-less-about-xbox-360-nintendo-wii-and-play-station-3-am-i-really-missing-much/

http://www.product-reviews.net/2007/10/29/what-are-console-owners-ages-nintendo-wii-xbox-360-and-sony-ps3/#more-16643

I wouldn't worry about fill rates or how many software threads the systems can process. Just focus on the games and features each has. That should help you decide.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

da_realest, please get a new keyboard - preferably one with a working caps and enter key.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I only did that 2 catch everybody's attention on what i was talking about-I didnt know we were in english class, good grief! D.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!

Around the Network

ummmm...i see you quoted info about the PS3 lack of memory but where is the quote of lack of 360 storage?!?

Is da_realest...FO REALS??!?! Haha, that post was just too funny. He can't be. SDF infiltrates VGC!!

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

One giant paragraph, horrid punctuation, completely random capitalization, and 7 (seven!) dots at the end of the post.

Is that you washimul?