By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does the original PS3 have an pre determined life cycle??

I hear that under the Cell chip there is a timer that is slowly ticking down from 3 years. Tho, because of shitty engineering by Sony, it sometimes ticks slower/faster than 1s per 1s of real time so some machines will blow up early and others later. Confirm or Deny SONY!?

Just plugged in my NES today (found it underneath a few boxes in the attic with the case cracked in 8 places) and it still works. Hell, I have a freezer that is 32 years old (older than I am) that still works perfectly. They just dont make them like they used too.

Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:
I hear that under the Cell chip there is a timer that is slowly ticking down from 3 years. Tho, because of shitty engineering by Sony, it sometimes ticks slower/faster than 1s per 1s of real time so some machines will blow up early and others later. Confirm or Deny SONY!?

Just plugged in my NES today (found it underneath a few boxes in the attic with the case cracked in 8 places) and it still works. Hell, I have a freezer that is 32 years old (older than I am) that still works perfectly. They just dont make them like they used too.

Do i detect sarcasm there, in that first statement??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1