By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Ke$ha's current single is on the rise of going to #1! Her song is #1 on itunes and is sliding ahead of Bad Romance on the race to #1. Bad Romance might have a shot at #1 on the hot 100 this week. But with the way things are now, I wouldn't be surpised if Ke$ha's Tik Tok was #1 the week after and for several weeks! This song doesn't get tired ever! She was the female vocalist on Flo Rida's Right Round and that song went #1 as well.

DONT STOP MAKE IT POP!!! DJ BLOW MY SPEAKERS UP!

She can sing/rap/write/dance! She can do it all! Look for her debut album "ANIMAL" on January 5th

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network

There is other music besides mainstream pop. I am not one of those snooty hipster types that sneers at all pop/Top 40; on the other hand, there is a lot more music out there besides that. A lot of very good music, if you look hard enough. You're hardly opening anybody's eyes by hailing #1 hit artists; clearly if we're exposed to anybody, we're exposed to them.

Also, I'm getting increasingly convinced that record labels pay you to plug upcoming songs/albums/artists on the internet as part of some wierd new-age viral marketing scheme. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

blaydcor said:
There is other music besides mainstream pop. I am not one of those snooty hipster types that sneers at all pop/Top 40; on the other hand, there is a lot more music out there besides that. A lot of very good music, if you look hard enough. You're hardly opening anybody's eyes by hailing #1 hit artists; clearly if we're exposed to anybody, we're exposed to them.

Mainstream has evolved. They play everything as long as its not screaming songs.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

If you think that every genre of music can be found on the Billboard Hot 100, you have veeeeery limited musical horizons.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

blaydcor said:
If you think that every genre of music can be found on the Billboard Hot 100, you have veeeeery limited musical horizons.

I've seen many songs of different genre's chart. This thread isn't about top 40 though.. it's about 2010's new face of music, Ke$ha.. Have you ever heard Tik Tok? It's a hardcore party jam. It's going to keep the dance floors packed.

Around the Network

Generic mainstream regurgitation (borderline plagiarism) of "The Party" by Justice. Definitely catchy, pretty pulsing beat, but ultimately pretty generic and forgettable.

Compare:

The song is fucking irritating and she looks like a whore.

Absoloute crap ... she's nothing special.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
The song is fucking irritating and she looks like a whore.

Did you just hear Tik Tok for the first time? Cause the entire world is chanting this song right now.

Seece said:
Absoloute crap ... she's nothing special.

So you don't think she will sell?