By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - RE:DSC 3rd week barely beats Extraction's 10th in America's

Also on a personal note, I'm a huge RE fan and I absolutely love this game. Definitely an extensive light gun game with lots of value to anyone looking for a good light gun shooter. More value than that of Overkill but maybe not as solid gameplay but nothing taken away from Darkside Chronicles. Very intense, very fun, and great look at more of the wonderful RE storyline (excluding RE5 of course haha).

Around the Network

the fact that most RE fans own a PS360/PC (for RE5 at lest) all the major titles coming out plus previously stated reasons etc mean that this title was overshadowed\went unnoticed.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
the fact that most RE fans own a PS360/PC (for RE5 at lest) all the major titles coming out plus previously stated reasons etc mean that this title was overshadowedwent unnoticed.

That's not true RE4 is one of the extremely few quality core games that sold well on the wii.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

The problem Wii owners have isn't with light gun games in general, its the fact that they're dishing out light gun games faster than we can play them while not giving as any third or first person shooters. We would like some variety and aren't going to keep on buying games that are on rails.

I hope the companies are smart enough to realise that with RE:UC, RE:DC, HotD:OC and DS:E the market for this type of game has been saturated and it should probably be at least a year before new releases in the genre come about. In the mean time, how about those TPS and FPS?

Well to me RE is always a game I have full control over. so on-rails is not ideal.

House of the Dead Overkill is designed to be a corny on-rails shooter.

Having said that, I will still get it.

ATM I need to buy bigger games though.

Cricket Wii (I am an aussie haha so I must)
Ghostbusters (looks more fun on Wii than HD console)
Then I will get RE:DSC

Around the Network

There is simply too many on Rail shooters on the market, i bought HoTD few months ago and i doubt i will buy another one soon. Capcom should realise that people want a proper RE adventure , but im sure DC will sell all right overall it might not reach UC numbers but it will make some profit.

Now that I think about it, after RE4, when has there been another 3rd person shooter?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Now that I think about it, after RE4, when has there been another 3rd person shooter?

There was a little known, poorly reviewed PS2 port of a game with a blue skinned super soldier as the protaganist.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

^^^^.............

Rogue Trooper?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
^^^^.............

Rogue Trooper?

Aye.

71 on Metacritic, so it may be pretty ok.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.