By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Should obese people be required to buy two seats when flying?

Yes. Children pay less because they are smaller, fat people should get the same treatment.

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:

What annoys me is when you see fat people driving mini electric scooters that are meant to be used by disabled people. I mean, I know it's hard for obese people to move; But when these people have to use a scooter to get round then surely they must realise that it's a serious problem and it's not healthy. I think the thought that I couldn't walk around a few shops because of my weight or be able to sit in a single seat on an aeroplane would make me want to do something about immediately. I know that's easier said than done though.

Britain is officially the third most obese nation on the planet (with 23% of people classed as obese) and I seem to be noticing this more and more each day. It's a rather depressing thought that we are getting that way *sad face*.

I kid you not.  One time I worked at Wal-mart with this greeter who lost his knees in a war... so he used one of those electric carts of the two we used.  The other one went down one day... and some fat lady... who walked into the store literally called a manager and forced the guy out of the chair to the point of where he couldn't walk.

Man I was pissed.

Yes, it's just not fair on everyone else, for the person sitting next to them and the trolly dollys.

Also, for the actual question. I'd say ideally there should be specific seats for fat people... and only once those run out should they have to pay double.

Fat people already do pay more for things like Jeans and such.

Kasz216 said:
Also, for the actual question. I'd say ideally there should be specific seats for fat people... and only once those run out should they have to pay double.

Fat people already do pay more for things like Jeans and such.

Going by the way people spend money on clothes, I doubt they have designer jeans in that size .. so no they probably don't.

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
Yes. Children pay less because they are smaller, fat people should get the same treatment.

Yes, exactly that!! he has the choice weather to be that size or not, and please no body bring up genetics, because its lifestyle.

dsister44 said:
No

By law I believe that you can't discriminate based on weight.

I agree, though it doesn't change the fact that they are occupying two seats.

Perhaps they should pay for the extra space, but be limited by federal law from paying more than a certain amount for the extra space, an amount totaling to less than what an airline ticket ever costs.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

they should do wat they do in rollercoasters have like 4 rows for obese people that have bigger seats

Fuck

at the same time its very discriminating, like for example, do u think ugly people should pay more for facials than beutiful people

Fuck

If fat spills over from another seat from a fat guy I'll yell at him saying that I paid for that damn seat. Either he pays or two seats or loses some fucking weight.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you