By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Analyst: 40 million homes will be 3D-Ready by 2014

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/10/report-40-million-homes-will-have-3d-televisions-by-2014/#comments

Somebody really dropped the ball on this one, i think. They're claiming that their research yields that 3D-ready televisions will be in 40 million homes in the next five years. Not sure if they mean worldwide or not, but either way i think that's a ludicrous figure, especially for something that's still primarily for movie-goers, and not really all that popular in homes quite yet.

Given how HDTV adoption rates have been consistently slower than what tech analysts called for, i think the same can be applied here.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

and 40 million of ''poor people'' this year to join world

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

I'd rather see better motion control then eye straining 3d.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

you realize that most hdtvs are 3D ready right?

Currently Playing: God of War Collection

2010 Anticipations PS3: MAG, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Last Guardian

2010 Anticipations 360: Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, alan wake, halo reach, fable III, fallout: new vegas

2010 Anticipations Wii: zelda

Just everyone having HDTV's in 5 years would be nice. When is the first 3D TV even supposed to be out?

Around the Network

Well supposedly TVs that can do at least 120Hz are, theoretically, capable of it. Not sure how, though. But even then, that voids all HDTVs bought before a certain date.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

most hdtv's are 3D ready......if it has a Hz of over 120....its 3D ready. I think its time for me to make my a bet.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Well here's one home that won't be 3D. Fuck that shit.

I'm still yet to see how people that use glasses will use the 3D.

Putting other glasses over mine? ROFL.
Buying contact lens just for the sake of gaming in 3D? ROFLZ!

Bamboleo said:
I'm still yet to see how people that use glasses will use the 3D.

Putting other glasses over mine? ROFL.
Buying contact lens just for the sake of gaming in 3D? ROFLZ!

my father uses glasses and uses the 3D just fine, nVidia made glasses that actually look decent (for 3D, not fashionable by any means) fit comfortably and go over glasses just fine that are comfortable as well. I wear glasses at night every 2 weeks or so to give my eyes a break from the contacts and it works perfectly well.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2