By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS Enables Child Accounts for Xbox360: Twitter, Facebook, Last.fm

MS enables child accounts for 360 Twitter, Facebook, Last.fm

When Microsoft rolled out Twitter, Facebook, and Last.fm support for the Xbox 360, a number of users were less than impressed. Specifically, those with child Xbox Live accounts were not allowed to use any of the new applications. Outside the US, Microsoft has now released an update that allows child accounts to access these features, so long as parental permission is given. Major Nelson advises users to set each application to log in automatically upon first activation. Otherwise, those with child accounts will be prompted for parental permission every time the application is launched.

Fear not, US gamers, the update will hit American shores on December 15. 

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

I donot like the idea of a child facebook account, what stops a sexual predator pretending to be a child for the sole pupose of grooming a child.  But then agian its up to the parents to police what their own son/daughter are talking too and playing with.

PC gaming rules.....

You can have t so your parents can approve your childs friends, or comments, if i'm not mistaken.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

I think kids can make Facebook accounts anyway... not sure, but if so then this isn't really a security breach or anything.