By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF13 PS3 & Xbox 360 Version DIFFERENCES Revealed!

Final Fantasy XIII PS3 and 360 Differences Announced
Date: 9 Dec 2009 Author: Kitmitsu Views: 12016
News Category: Final Fantasy XIII

Square Enix has just confirmed a couple of differences between the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 release of Final Fantasy XIII. In an interview in Famitsu they state that the video and audio is compressed on the Xbox 360 DVDs while the Playstation 3 version will be uncompressed and appear on a dual-layer blu-ray disc. The 360 version will obviously be released on multiple DVDs. This means that the uncompressed game will be 25GB minimum.

Thanks to our staff member Cagalli for finding this.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

This was already known, was it not?

@papflesje

I didn't know that....neither did ffxiii.net

but I had assumed it beforehand anyway....why would they compress it on PS3 for no damn reason?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

first of all, 90% of the people can't hear the difference between a mp3 and a regular CD. The difference between Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Digital HD or DTS HD is even smaller. Of course you need a very good sound equipment to hear the differences at all.

But I bet this won't stop some PS3 fans to say they got the superior version, even though they are playing it on a 24" SD TV and using the TV for sound.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

@darth

Duplicated thread: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=94738

Around the Network

I wonder how many disks it will be on. At 25 GB's that is around 4?

gurglesletch said:
I wonder how many disks it will be on. At 25 GB's that is around 4?

I think Square-Enix already said it will probably be 3 disks (dual-layer dvd).

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/698539/final-fantasy-xiii-for-xbox-360-to-ship-on-about-three-discs.html

lol "uncompressed video" , no

uncompressed video would take up several terrabytes

You probably need a $20k speakers and a very good pair of ears to hear the negligible difference.

But your head will fool you when specs are shoved in your face.

ROTFL

I have a £1,500 speaker system and can perfectly hear the (big) difference between DTS / Dolby Digital and DTS HDMA and Dolby True HD on Blu-rays and games. No $20K needed.