By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yahoo!: Don't buy a PS3 for Christmas because of dead battery.

reptile168 said:
Icyedge said:
reptile168 said:
I do agree that battery is gay on the PS3. The original usb cable is incredibly short so i can't recharge and play at the same time.

Once fully charge it can work for around 20 hours and charge in about 2 hours. You can also charge via any usb device (computer), stop your exageration. They are including free rechargeable battery with their controller and you say that it is gay?!?! Do you think you can still play on another console while you charge the AAs battery?

right, so i'll plug the controller on my pc while playing on the PS3. Great idea. You are a genius.

and yeah, i can play on the 360 while charging the batteries. The cord is actually like 10 feet long.

You really dont get it do you. You can plug it through your PC when the PS3 is off. Also you can purchase a 10 feet usb cable for a couple bucks (less expansive than buying a battery pack). So once again stop your exageration.

Around the Network

Yahoo + Microsoft = Anti-SCE

Xoj said:
specialops787 said:
Common guys. Yahoo is not saying that you have to buy a new controller everytime you drain the batteries. They are saying you have to buy a controller EVERYTIME the battery actually stops functioning (which we know is SO often).

Media like to rag on certain items that do not have "user replaceable batteries." Such as most iPods that I know of.

They do have a point though. Its nice to have the option to put AA batteries in. Especially if the cord is so short like some people are saying (also gay that it does not charge while the system is off).

the battery it's replaceable thats the thing, and it cost only 10$

u can charge it any USB charger. you know they are plugs for that too and they are cheap.

OK. Well if the battery truly is user replaceable (as in a simple button or screw to put a new battery in), then yahoo is full of it.

Wow, that looks like a shitty rough draft of a college freshman's very first argumentative paper.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

specialops787 said:
Xoj said:
specialops787 said:
Common guys. Yahoo is not saying that you have to buy a new controller everytime you drain the batteries. They are saying you have to buy a controller EVERYTIME the battery actually stops functioning (which we know is SO often).

Media like to rag on certain items that do not have "user replaceable batteries." Such as most iPods that I know of.

They do have a point though. Its nice to have the option to put AA batteries in. Especially if the cord is so short like some people are saying (also gay that it does not charge while the system is off).

the battery it's replaceable thats the thing, and it cost only 10$

u can charge it any USB charger. you know they are plugs for that too and they are cheap.

OK. Well if the battery truly is user replaceable (as in a simple button or screw to put a new battery in), then yahoo is full of it.

it's, the problem its getting a battery, sony does everything for 10$.

Around the Network
Akvod said:
reptile168 said:
Icyedge said:
reptile168 said:
I do agree that battery is gay on the PS3. The original usb cable is incredibly short so i can't recharge and play at the same time.

Once fully charge it can work for around 20 hours and charge in about 2 hours. You can also charge via any usb device (computer), stop your exageration. They are including free rechargeable battery with their controller and you say that it is gay?!?! Do you think you can still play on another console while you charge the AAs battery?

right, so i'll plug the controller on my pc while playing on the PS3. Great idea. You are a genius.

*facepalm*

Yeah, people make mistakes, or they do piss poor job reading posts. It still is a great fail though.

kutasek said:
Akvod said:
reptile168 said:
Icyedge said:
reptile168 said:

*facepalm*

Yeah, people make mistakes, or they do piss poor job reading posts. It still is a great fail though.

lol

kutasek said:
Akvod said:
reptile168 said:
Icyedge said:
reptile168 said:

*facepalm*

no wonder i felt a dejavu while typing my last reply.

tombi123 said:
Imagine if that article stopped someone buying a PS3... lol

it just might have!..........ayways lol

You can send Sony PS3 controllers right to Sony to have them replace the battery for a small service charge (about $10, I think, as many have already stated here).

Typically, the controller battery will store a usable charge for a good 5 years after purchase, assuming you use it and recharge it, a lot. It can be like 6-8 years if you only play casually, which should take many users through the entire console generation, and you can always, always play with a USB cable attached, of course.

Contrast this with the X360 controller, which uses AAs (which cost a fortune over that same time period... hundreds of dollars just to power that one controller), or a crappy $15 "charge-n-play" pack, which not only bumps the controller cost past the PS3 controller overall, but also uses a proprietary cord (rather than any USB cable), and has some reliability issues with identifying a discharged controller properly.

What a backwards joke this article is.