By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predictions: great games

360: GTAIV Halo 3 Mass Effect Bioshock Wii: Super Mario Galaxy Paper Mario (or atleast dang close) PS3: GTAIV Lair or Heavenly Sword

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

i would add MGS4 and Uncharted to the PS3 list. But MGS probably won't come out this year. Uncharted should be great (how many times has Naughty Dog dropped the ball?). Lair and/or Heavenly Sword will be 8s. Ratchet and Clank should be good. I think Smash Brothers'll definitely be a 9; those games are way too fun. I doubt RE will break the 9s tho because it seems too much like a side project rather than a full fledged effort

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

The only way Brawl would get a 9 is if every character was unique, every texture and detail was crisp and clear, and every stage was sprawling with life, along with a huge variety of modes, stages, and other extra things to do.

These are some games that I think will rock for the Xbox 360 Forza Motorsport Fable 2 Halo 3 Blue Dragon Lost Oddesy Mass Effect Halo Wars PGR4 Bioshock Of course their is GTA and Assassin's creed but they are for dual platforms I think C&C3 will be awesome though That list makes me drool

Double post: sorry

Around the Network

Due to the "subjective" nature of the Wiimote (controls), I do think that Wii scores will generally be lower than other platforms - so the above predictions may be right. I think there is a chance Paper Mario may hit 90% - its not a heavy Wiimote/control game, and "Thousand Year Door" scored 88% (pretty close). I almost think its fair to the Wii to include 85% or higher games (compared to 90%+ on other platforms) as the games will be scored harder... or maybe 87% or so.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I just watched videos of Super Paper Mario and it's actually a lot more clever and cool than I thought by just viewing screenshots. I also read the Hands on by Casamassina and found to my relief that the controls aren't forced like in so many Wii games (not Nintendo's though). It might be a great game after all. However, I'm a bit worried in that no matter the problem seems to be, the solution is always turning the world into 3d. Hope it doesn't get too repetitive. Thanks for the info on Alan Wake, I'll remove it from the list. MGS4 is most definately a 08 title too. RE:UB could be a great game if they stick to the monstrous proportions like in RE4, bring a lot new stuff and make the controls work. However, RE4 had so great control system that I doubt whether they can improve it much for the Wii. I would really like to see a Wii game with Soldat-type controls. I think they would work in Super Paper Mario too, if there were fireballs and stuff like that. Manipulating the environment fits really well on Wii's controller(s). It would be cool to see lakitu, for example, helping Mario by throwing different things like clouds or ground to jump on (controlled by Wiimote). What do you think?