By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic the Hedgehog's New Look: Better, or Worse?

Genesis Days:

Classic Sonic the Hedgehog. This is his best look. This is Sega's true icon! This is what Sonic is supposed to look like. This is Sonic. You look at this, and you think, "Sega." It's perfect. It's retro. It's nostalgic. He actually looks good, and cool.

Dreamcast Days:

Sonic looks cool in this pose. He actually looks good. He looks different, but in this pose, he looks funky. I don't know if he looks as good, in this pose, as his old look, but it's pretty close.

Gamecube Days:

What is this? Seriously, what is this? Sonic looks like a girl. Put an umbrella in his hands, and put a dress on him, because Sonic seriously looks like a girl. He is so ugly. Why does he look so mean? I don't like this new look at all.

Why is he so ugly? I mean, the computer animation is great, but that doesn't take away his pure uglyness. Just look at him. He doesn't look friendly at all. Where's the classic Sonic charm? Sonic just looks like an asshole. Does Sega think this new "asshole" look is cool? I mean, look at him. You just get depressed looking at him. He doesn't even look like Sonic. He looks like some ugly, blue hedgehog. His quils droop down more, and he's skinnier, which just makes him look uglier. What was wrong with the original design?

Playstation 3 days:

Okay, that's it! I thought that Sonic could look no uglier, but this is by far, his ugliest design. His quils are even droopier, he's taller, skinnier, and just... Ugly! Look at him. He's so ugly, and stringy. Sega ruined Sonic. I mean, thousands of people worked on his new design. Did one person stop, and think, "Hey, Sonic looks uglier now. Maybe we should change his design back to the original?" No, they didn't. Why? I have no idea. Sonic looks so wobbly, and humanoid, and just... Ugly. It's as if he became more ugly, the more his games started to suck. I do not like the new Sonic look... At all. Sonic, Shadow, and Silver, all look horrible, in Sonic the Hedgehog. I mean, why did they use the same name? Sonic the Hedgehog already exists as a Genesis game, and Master System game. How hard could it have been to think of a new name? Anyways, I think Sonic the Hedgehog looks so ugly now. What are your opinions?