By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is NSMB Wii worthy of the title Game Of The Year?

Ramser said:
Isn't strange how must of the people that say its game of the decade are the people that don't own a ps3 or a 360. NSMBW is most likely the best WII game of the year, but it cant be game of the decade because that spots already been taken, by uncharted 2

Isn't it strange that fans of other companies want them to win wii fans:NSMBW is the best! ps3 fans: Uncharted is the best! 360 fans: Halo 3 OSDT is the best! DS fans:Stafy is the best! PSP fans: Little big planet is the best! Gamecube fans: Metroid Prime is the game of the decade! Get over it

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

game of what year? 1994?....2d mario is fun, great fun actually, definently worth 50dollars, but cmon...

"even a dead god still dreams"

RolStoppable said:
pastro243 said:
nordlead said:
Ramser said:
Isn't strange how must of the people that say its game of the decade are the people that don't own a ps3 or a 360. NSMBW is most likely the best WII game of the year, but it cant be game of the decade because that spots already been taken, by uncharted 2

I have a PS3. Uncharted is massivly overhyped, but it is a good game. I haven't played Uncharted 2, but I expect about the same.

NSMBWii is a lot more fun, but it won't win GOTY for the 3 reasons in rol's OP. Uncharted 2 actually fufills those 3 reasons, so it will probably win.

You know, the 3 reasons in the OP dont seem much more than lame excuses, I see them as jokes given the thread is made by Rol, so I wouldnt really use them as serious reasons why NSMB wont win GOTY.

In my defense, it wasn't me who came up with those three reasons. Like most of the things used in my recent threads, I stole them. That also explains why people say that my threads started to suck.

it's true. He didn't even bother to modify the reasons at all. It was a straight copy/paste.

Rol, your threads would be funny if you posted crappy one liners.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Yes, also it is about OPINIONS, so Uncharted 2 = no (not everyone enjoys shooters), my GOTY could be (it isn't) New Play Control and that's it, don't you think that not everyone likes Umcharted 2? = - P

It isn't game of the year material. It's top 3 or at least top 5 of '09 though.

It seems wrong to give the honor to any game but Uncharted 2. Even if it's not your personal favorite it's inarguably the most deserving.

Around the Network

no

sorry i loved uncharted 2 to much to vote for this

when i get my own wii this will be the first game i buy though

To my absolute shock, I'm not in love with this game (yet). There's something missing. I played NSMB on the DS and got 100%. I played Mario Galaxy and got 100%. I even found all of the Stars in Mario 64 DS! With Mario Sunshine, I couldn't find everything, but I remember being obsessed with that game. I even own all of the Mario Advance games and I bought the original and Mario World on the Wii Virtual console. My point: I love Mario platformers.

But something's wrong here. I'm not feeling the magic. I'm happy with the purchase, but this game isn't game of the year, imo (Unless something epic is going to happen in World 6).

Edge gave NSMB wii a 7 because it was the same thing.
And modern warfare 2 is gonna be GOTY even though its the SAME THING.
what irony.
Bayonetta should win GOTY if it was released this year IMO. Now that's originality.
but NSMB is not worthy of GOTY due to the reviews.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

d21lewis said:
To my absolute shock, I'm not in love with this game (yet). There's something missing. I played NSMB on the DS and got 100%. I played Mario Galaxy and got 100%. I even found all of the Stars in Mario 64 DS! With Mario Sunshine, I couldn't find everything, but I remember being obsessed with that game. I even own all of the Mario Advance games and I bought the original and Mario World on the Wii Virtual console. My point: I love Mario platformers.

But something's wrong here. I'm not feeling the magic. I'm happy with the purchase, but this game isn't game of the year, imo (Unless something epic is going to happen in World 6).

If you didn't play the game with friends, then you will not understand the magic of this game. It will be just another Mario (which is still a lot of quality in the package...).

The game doesn't have online!!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)