By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lens of Truth: Dragon Age Origins Analysis

nightsurge said:
Steroid said:
The main reason this is significant is that this is Bioware's first PS3 attempt and it looks very good. See what talent does?

*looks at Valve*

For something 3-4 years into the generation and has worse graphics than oblivion, I don't think that's saying much...  They'd probably have been better off focusing resources on just one game, and making it look better.  Kinda like how Mass Effect is an exclusive MS game as well as Mass Effect 2 and those games looks amazing.  Mass Effect 2 is absolutely jaw dropping!

*looks at Valve*  Yep, they do it right

No one is saying graphics are FFXIII level.  Considering the game has a ton of content and story, the game doesn't look half bad, maybe not in a technical prespective but the art design is nice enough.

Around the Network

Good job Bioware for making them nearly identical.

Good job LensofTruth for showing that they're nearly identical (*coughmw2cough*)

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

And the 360 version wins yet again!!!!!! Ohhhh crap.........=(

I'm seriously disturbed by the framerates there... it goes down to 15 fps!? That's damn close to unplayable.

I'm also amazed at how much difference optimization means for the framerate. Grand Theft Auto IV on my computer (with recommended settings) runs at 30-15 fps, while Dragon Age at max settings runs at 50-70fps (or 40 in isometric view). But they run about the same on console.

This is invisible text!

nightsurge said:
MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
I think PS3 = Mass effect is looking likely ?

I think this has nothing to do with this thread?  Reported.

I can't believe you had to comment on that, and report it. Or maybe I can...

Ot: Can't wait to get this, sounds like you need to play this game for the story and not the graphics, so either system/pc you get it on is a win.