By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Slowing down Xbox 360 DVD-speed to reduce noise for everyone and heat!

Hahaha, yeah, sounds good. I havent had a problem with mine, and mine is one of the somewhat original ones. Ive moved it actually onto a shelf thats really just a wire shelf, so it actually gets airflow in from all sides, like as if it was in midair, so no problems or worries here. If it RRODs, then dont know what to say about it. But yeah, dont know, I havent heard too many problems with the Elites, but i might be wrong. haha.

Around the Network
kn said:
Interesting read, but I must have a mutant DVD drive because it is very quiet. I can hear it a little bit if I listen closely, but when playing Halo 3, for instance, while loading the game (sometimes 20-30 seconds depending on map), I can't hear it at all and I'm sitting about 6-8' away.

Same. I was worried that the DVD drive would be loud before I got my 360 but I was surprised at how quiet it was. Do you know which kind of DVD drive you have? I have a Hitachi.

Systems owned: Nintendo 64, GameCube, Xbox 360, Atari 7800, Genesis, PlayStation, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS.

Year-end predictions (April 6, 2008):

• DS: 94 million (96.0)
  • Wii: 46 million (44.4)
  • PSP: 45 million (43.6)
  • X360: 27 million (27.3)
  • PS3: 24 million (19.4)
  • PS2: 124 million (123.7)
agabara said:
kn said:
Interesting read, but I must have a mutant DVD drive because it is very quiet. I can hear it a little bit if I listen closely, but when playing Halo 3, for instance, while loading the game (sometimes 20-30 seconds depending on map), I can't hear it at all and I'm sitting about 6-8' away.

Same. I was worried that the DVD drive would be loud before I got my 360 but I was surprised at how quiet it was. Do you know which kind of DVD drive you have? I have a Hitachi.

I don't know which one I have but it is a July 07 build.  I think that is the BenQ but I don't know for sure.  Maybe Mr. Stick will chime in.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

You have a BenQ.

I have a Hitachi on my re-furb, but started with a Samsung, of which, I wasn't dissapointed in.

Overall, if your complaining about DVD noise, just turn your stinking speakers up. If you can hear the game, you won't hear the DVD going.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.