By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft NOT blaming Wii for losses in profit - The Truth

Gnizmo said:
I have said it before, and I know I will have to say it again in the future. Kotaku hates the Wii. I don't pretend to know why, but the writing has been on the wall for a while. They pulled the exact same stunt a few months back with Sega being used instead of Ubisoft. Why people continue to take the site seriously is well beyond me.

I wouldn't say Kotaku hates the Wii, it's probably just one or two writers at Kotaku (i don't follow them, so i'm not up on who), but if we take Kotaku as analogous to its age-old rival Joystiq, then they probably have some writers who love to bash Nintendo, some who are pro-Nintendo, and some who are neutral. Some writers on Joystiq (namely the abominable James Ransom-Wiley and Jem Alexander, though Alexander has since found employment with a PlayStation blog in the UK) have made some incredibly deceptive stories about Nintendo that spun the truth way, way out of proportion. The neutral ones are just that; neutral, they have their likes and dislikes, but won't inordinantly attack just for hits.

My guess is Kotaku has the same problem. There are a few weeds in the garden, but its not a whole bad field.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.