By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

I had put these pics on the other GT5 thread (favourite car in GT5), but I figured they would also be worth mentioning on the official thread

We need to see more pics people, start posting yours as well I'll be posting more of mine as I upload them to GT5's online web browser

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Cross-X said:
lestatdark said:
Cross-X said:
lestatdark said:
Cross-X said:

My Corvette Z06 is kickin some serious ass in A Spec right now :D. Next Car to buy? Audi R8, here I come!

And I love my FT-86 Concept Toyota. LOVE THE INTERIOR!!!

Also I have a question, if I gift a car to someone, will I lose that car?

Yup, it will go into the other's person garage and disappear from yours. Don't ever try that with prize cars, since you won't get them again, unless you're lucky and get another copy from the random prize gift that's given when you finish any of the A-Spec series. 

I have 2 Citroen C4 WRC thanks to that, and I'm gifting one of them, so it's up to grabs for anyone that wants it XD.

I thought so and that's why I haven't gifted a car to anyone yet lol.

Well I'm in your in game friend's list so I'd like the C4 WRC if ya don't mind :D

PSN: xaldinator

Ok, i'll gift it you later today once I boot GT5  

Aha, so you're xaldinator I knew it was someone from VGC but I had forgotten who it was

Haha lol yeah that's me.

I don't quite have the GT skills like yourself (yes I've seen your stats from time to time just to see how awesome you are at GT5. Best on my friend's list), but I just love GT with a passion.

Anyway thanks for the gift :D

You're welcome

I've much to improve yet, I just have a lot of perseverance. I'm now at AMG Driving School Expert and it's putting me to shame. Driving a SLS in nurburgring in the rain with comfort tyres is truly a daunting task xD. 

My goal is to at least reach A-Spec Lv. 30 before the end of the year, to get that sweet X1  

Well I'm sure that you can reach that goal. Aren't around LV 22 right now?

BTW How are you finding B Spec? I find it quite difficult myself. Really gotta pay attention closely as well as getting the exact timing for the neccessary command at the same time. You know how the Physical and Mental Bars goes down slowly overtime, I reckon it's my Physical and Mental Bars going down lol not the driver.

And I'll tell you what I really love in the Special Events? Go Karting. So. Much. FUN!!!

I also did the Grand Tour today and I didn't do too shabby at all but I personally found the Lamborghini Night Racing Event hard as.Had to restart quite a number of times. Haven't driven a Lamborghini for ages so I had to adjust to the handling first before even thinking of getting the Bronze lol

But I LOVE THE SCENERY AND BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS of Toscana and Night Time. Stunning!

Cross-X said:
lestatdark said:
Cross-X said:
lestatdark said:
Cross-X said:
lestatdark said:
Cross-X said:

My Corvette Z06 is kickin some serious ass in A Spec right now :D. Next Car to buy? Audi R8, here I come!

Yup, it will go into the other's person garage and disappear from yours. Don't ever try that with prize cars, since you won't get them again, unless you're lucky and get another copy from the random prize gift that's given when you finish any of the A-Spec series. 

I have 2 Citroen C4 WRC thanks to that, and I'm gifting one of them, so it's up to grabs for anyone that wants it XD.

Well I'm in your in game friend's list so I'd like the C4 WRC if ya don't mind :D

Aha, so you're xaldinator I knew it was someone from VGC but I had forgotten who it was

Haha lol yeah that's me.

I don't quite have the GT skills like yourself (yes I've seen your stats from time to time just to see how awesome you are at GT5. Best on my friend's list), but I just love GT with a passion.

You're welcome

I've much to improve yet, I just have a lot of perseverance. I'm now at AMG Driving School Expert and it's putting me to shame. Driving a SLS in nurburgring in the rain with comfort tyres is truly a daunting task xD. 

My goal is to at least reach A-Spec Lv. 30 before the end of the year, to get that sweet X1  

BTW How are you finding B Spec? I find it quite difficult myself. Really gotta pay attention closely as well as getting the exact timing for the neccessary command at the same time. You know how the Physical and Mental Bars goes down slowly overtime, I reckon it's my Physical and Mental Bars going down lol not the driver.

And I'll tell you what I really love in the Special Events? Go Karting. So. Much. FUN!!!

I also did the Grand Tour today and I didn't do too shabby at all but I personally found the Lamborghini Night Racing Event hard as.Had to restart quite a number of times. Haven't driven a Lamborghini for ages so I had to adjust to the handling first before even thinking of getting the Bronze lol

But I LOVE THE SCENERY AND BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS of Toscana and Night Time. Stunning!

Yup, right now i'm mid-way through level 24. Farming 1.6M credits to get the Mazda 787b got me tons of EXP. 

I'm quite enjoying B-Spec, and yes it is very hard at the start, mainly because your B-Spec driver seems to lacks skills to even keep the car on the track Also, since I drew a Cold driver, he barely overtakes other cars, even when I push him to. In some races it's very frustrating, especially since B-Spec races are much longer than A-Spec and I had to finish a lot of them with both bars completely gone >_>.

I love the special events, in fact, the Gran Tour was my favourite of them all, on par with AMG Driving School (I love the nurburgring track way too much). That night race with the Murcielago was tough the first tries that I did it, mainly to memorize the track pattern and passing points.

As long as you get in second place before the long straight when you first see the fire works, you'll win it easily. It's a shame that replays can't be uploaded to youtube yet, I saved my gold run for it.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Cross-X said:
lestatdark said:
Cross-X said:
lestatdark said:
Cross-X said:
lestatdark said:
Cross-X said:

Haha lol yeah that's me.

You're welcome

Yup, right now i'm mid-way through level 24. Farming 1.6M credits to get the Mazda 787b got me tons of EXP. 

I'm quite enjoying B-Spec, and yes it is very hard at the start, mainly because your B-Spec driver seems to lacks skills to even keep the car on the track Also, since I drew a Cold driver, he barely overtakes other cars, even when I push him to. In some races it's very frustrating, especially since B-Spec races are much longer than A-Spec and I had to finish a lot of them with both bars completely gone >_>.

I love the special events, in fact, the Gran Tour was my favourite of them all, on par with AMG Driving School (I love the nurburgring track way too much). That night race with the Murcielago was tough the first tries that I did it, mainly to memorize the track pattern and passing points.

As long as you get in second place before the long straight when you first see the fire works, you'll win it easily. It's a shame that replays can't be uploaded to youtube yet, I saved my gold run for it.

Haha grinding I see :D. Are you doing the "Like the Wind" Grind Method?

Yeah I'm gonna give B Spec a full go once I get to a certain stage in A Spec but I don't know when that will be because A Spec and driving myself is simply awesome and addictive. Seriously there is just something about GT games that makes me wanna play it more and more over time. It's magical

Yeah I had to memorize the track pattern as well because at one point I was going at a good pace until I hit a corner head on because I couldn't see the Grid Line for a moment and the two AIs behind me overtook me and so I said fuck it and restarted lol. Got used to it eventually but I was also enjoying the fireworks and scenery as well. Beautiful.

And I shall soon start sharinf my photos since I've unlocked more locations! Except the SLS, FT-86, Corvette Z06 and Merserati forgot the model name.

Cross-X said:
lestatdark said:
Cross-X said:
lestatdark said:

You're welcome

Haha grinding I see :D. Are you doing the "Like the Wind" Grind Method?

Yeah I'm gonna give B Spec a full go once I get to a certain stage in A Spec but I don't know when that will be because A Spec and driving myself is simply awesome and addictive. Seriously there is just something about GT games that makes me wanna play it more and more over time. It's magical

Yeah I had to memorize the track pattern as well because at one point I was going at a good pace until I hit a corner head on because I couldn't see the Grid Line for a moment and the two AIs behind me overtook me and so I said fuck it and restarted lol. Got used to it eventually but I was also enjoying the fireworks and scenery as well. Beautiful.

And I shall soon start sharinf my photos since I've unlocked more locations! Except the SLS, FT-86, Corvette Z06 and Merserati forgot the model name.

Actually the Like The Wind method isn't the best one, by far. Once you get a NASCAR car (from golding Jeff Gordon's NASCAR challenge Expert events),or a ZR1 with RM is good as well, you can do the Indianapolis Speedway race in the American Championship for 98K Cr and 4.4K Exp in 4 minutes. 

I hear you, I only did B-Spec until lv. 8, A-Spec is simply amazing and keeps me going back for more. 

You must mean the Maseratti GT right? That's a pretty darn good car, I took it for a spin in Practice mode and I was surprised on how stable it is. Did you buy that SLS or did you win it from the AMG driving school?.

Current PC Build

Around the Network

Finally finished all events, bar Sebastian Vettel X1 Challenge (which unlocks at A-Spec Lvl. 30) in gold.

AMG Expert events were pretty darn easy, the gold times are pretty forgiving. I did the entire lap with almost 11 seconds to spare, since gold time is 8.30:000 and I did it in 8.19:559. 

Also hit A-Spec Lvl. 25 and unlocked the Endurance Series which I'm only going to give a twirl at after finishing the Expert and Extreme series.

Current PC Build

Two Endurance races in one day, on a DFGT with FFB at 10, leaves both your arms exhausted >_>

Grand Valley Speedway 300Km and Tsukuba Roadster 4H endurances done, both give crappy cars (Honda HSC '03 for the first and Mazda 110S (L10B) '68 for the second, both standards), crappy Cr (134K first and 161K second) and tons of exp (120K for the first 204K for the second). 

Oh well, almost level 27...just three to go until the X1

Current PC Build

Here are some of my photos:

Toyota FT-86 Concept

Corvette Z06:

Maserati Gran Turismo:

Merecedes Benz SLS AMG:

Those are some pretty nice pics, especially from the SLS

I'll be updating my pics after I hit 30. I'll taking massive photos of the X1

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:

Those are some pretty nice pics, especially from the SLS

I'll be updating my pics after I hit 30. I'll taking massive photos of the X1

Thanks. I personally love my Maserati GT and SLS Photos the most. Espeically the SLS one at the Lucerne Bridge!

Can't wait for those X1 photos!

And I forgot to answer your previous question, I bought the SLS instead of winning it at the SLS Academy since there was no way I could get all Gold over there lol.