By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

libellule said:
Blue3 said:
libellule said:

Also, I think I m gonna make a thread about something shocking but interesting about GT5 reception

?

that sounds interesting

perhaps, perhaps not.

"shocking" is perhaps not the word to use since my thread would just be about what I think is playing against GT5 IMO

why  not write what is playing for Gt5 rather than against

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Blue3 said:

some of you need to read this.

From GTplanet.

"So I won this really expensive chevy impala '62 and took it for a test drive in practice mode and crashed it up hella good not thinking a thing about it...now apparently in GT Auto it costs something like $372,000 to repair the chassis rigidity!!! How the hell was I supposed to know practice mode carried the damage over!!!!!!!!!!! This is almost game breaking...I either fork out the cash or drive around a broken car I worked waaaaay too hard for."
ROFLMFAO

I had read that too. It's pretty laughable, people want realistic damage and yet they don't want the costs of it. I hope some day, a racing sims actually "kills" off your driver in a high speed crash by wiping out all your saved career data. The backlash and meltdowns from such a system would be laughable.

i don't think he was so much worried about the damage and cost more that it happened in practice mode and he assumed  that meant no consequences , but in Polophonys defence with a game like this you can't put up warnings every where just because some one might do stupid random stuff

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
libellule said:
Blue3 said:
libellule said:

Also, I think I m gonna make a thread about something shocking but interesting about GT5 reception

?

that sounds interesting

perhaps, perhaps not.

"shocking" is perhaps not the word to use since my thread would just be about what I think is playing against GT5 IMO

why  not write what is playing for Gt5 rather than against

well, because there are disapointement all around. Not because the game is bad but because 5 years have passed.

Time to Work !

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http://www.gamekult.com/jeux/test-gran-turismo-5-J000079298t.html&act=url

"destructoid-like french website"

basically, it is good, drive good too, some nice new feature, but it is also too old, too classic and damage and IA suck hard ... 

they give it 7/10 (kinda expected)
GT5p got 7/10
and fm3 got 8/10

Time to Work !

libellule said:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http://www.gamekult.com/jeux/test-gran-turismo-5-J000079298t.html&act=url

basically, it is good, drive good too, some nice new feature, but it is also too old, too classic and damage and IA suck hard ... 

GT5p got 7/10
and fm3 got 8/10

IA sucks hard? In all seriousness, I don't know if i'm playing the same game as most reviewers. Heck, i'm trying to gold the AMG beginner last stage (the whole lap in the Nurb), and the IA is very agressive, they try to block me in corners, even outside the optimal apex line or try to slipstream me in the long straight, even if I dodge to the side. 

Too old and too classic...GT is always going to be GT, why should it have to be anything else is beyond me.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
libellule said:

GT5p got 7/10
and fm3 got 8/10

IA sucks hard? In all seriousness, I don't know if i'm playing the same game as most reviewers. Heck, i'm trying to gold the AMG beginner last stage (the whole lap in the Nurb), and the IA is very agressive, they try to block me in corners, even outside the optimal apex line or try to slipstream me in the long straight, even if I dodge to the side. 

Too old and too classic...GT is always going to be GT, why should it have to be anything else is beyond me.

typically, they said if you "push" IA car, the shitty bump effect is still here and the IA car will suddenly brake and slow you even more. They said you stil do not have enought penality when hittig a wall, car etc. And they said IA car were most of the time ignoring you and just following their road meaning they will not try to avoid you if u brake, or change of direction. On all these points, already pointed out in all the GT game as "default", they said others games (like FM3) are years ahead of this.

also, AND I AGRE WITH THIS, there is nothing really new in the way u progress in GT mode. It is still the same old classic and well know event. Outside the "little special event", you will mostly repeat the GT progress you did in GT1/2/3/4. That is a bad point. They should have come with something new.

Finally, online is too classic for them. They expected the GT mode to be more linked to online OR a sort of sharing progress feature where you can access friend time automatically and see if you beat them or not.

Time to Work !

Do i get it now or wait a month and get it $25 cheaper... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

kopstudent89 said:

you really dont know what your missing. review reviews dont listen to them. the total damage gets unlocked at level 40 im sure no reviewer reach that in 2 days. other then that i just drove with a honda civic in cock pit mode and i have to say its amazing, better then my everything else i did until know in gt, other then driving the nascar.

ot: i have questions, where do you the install? why isnt their 1031 cars in the garage, where are they? where is le mans track? and where is the x1 protoype without it i cant reach 400 km/h to get a trophy.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
kopstudent89 said:

you really dont know what your missing. review reviews dont listen to them. the total damage gets unlocked at level 40 im sure no reviewer reach that in 2 days. other then that i just drove with a honda civic in cock pit mode and i have to say its amazing, better then my everything else i did until know in gt, other then driving the nascar.

ot: i have questions, where do you the install? why isnt their 1031 cars in the garage, where are they? where is le mans track? and where is the x1 protoype without it i cant reach 400 km/h to get a trophy.

- install : get in the menu option and ask for a full installation. I dont remember the exact menu title. Just check yourself.

- the 1031 cars are at the new cars dealers, at the old cars dealers and at the bonus prize you unlock by getting the gold trophy.

- dont know where is the X1 prototype. Try the new car dealer called "gran turismo"

Time to Work !

I have a question :

can someone explain me what are the option I can "check or uncheck" if I want to drive in a more professional setting ?

I m affraid to unlock option that are overneed if you dont use a wheel but at the same time I would like to spice my experience ;)))

Time to Work !