By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

well, just a very little update :

- the license : I tried to get some gold trophy (always hard to get) but the xp you get is extremely low
so it is not that worth in term of xp. Neverthless, when u have all the trophy "bronze", u get 1 car, all silver, another one, all gold, another one again. That is better.

- the customisation : you cant change the rim with a standard. True.
But I was able to change the painting AND to add a spoiler (aerodynamic part) at the back of my car ! That is better.

Also, I think I m gonna make a thread about something shocking but interesting about GT5 reception

Time to Work !

Around the Network

man darth you really need some help with those awful texts in the pics.

its 12 midnight now, ive been on it since 6pm, its a stunning game i have my initial D playlst going in background its just awesome

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Several of my observations and questions, based upon playing around a bit with it:

* Is the game part factory simulator?  WTF is with the opening video that shows an extended scene of a factory?

* The music is downright awesome in it.  The opening song smokes.

* The track creator is FAR more a track GENERATOR.  It is like set parameters and the game tweaks the track procedurally.  Usefully for generating new tracks pretty quickly, BUT won't feed the desire to be a creator the way ModNation and DEFINITELY not the way LBP does.  It is more of a useful addon, rather than a reason to buy, in my book.

i have it and love it... its not perfect, no game is, but is good enough for my racing needs.

the thing i want it changed is the b-spec speed of racing... i want a 2x and 3x speed button to make things faster since i have more games to play than see IA driving by itself...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network
libellule said:

Also, I think I m gonna make a thread about something shocking but interesting about GT5 reception

?

that sounds interesting

BTW... where is KB  Man Furismo Jive  video????

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

some of you need to read this.

From GTplanet.

"So I won this really expensive chevy impala '62 and took it for a test drive in practice mode and crashed it up hella good not thinking a thing about it...now apparently in GT Auto it costs something like $372,000 to repair the chassis rigidity!!! How the hell was I supposed to know practice mode carried the damage over!!!!!!!!!!! This is almost game breaking...I either fork out the cash or drive around a broken car I worked waaaaay too hard for."
ROFLMFAO

Blue3 said:

some of you need to read this.

From GTplanet.

"So I won this really expensive chevy impala '62 and took it for a test drive in practice mode and crashed it up hella good not thinking a thing about it...now apparently in GT Auto it costs something like $372,000 to repair the chassis rigidity!!! How the hell was I supposed to know practice mode carried the damage over!!!!!!!!!!! This is almost game breaking...I either fork out the cash or drive around a broken car I worked waaaaay too hard for."
ROFLMFAO

I had read that too. It's pretty laughable, people want realistic damage and yet they don't want the costs of it. I hope some day, a racing sims actually "kills" off your driver in a high speed crash by wiping out all your saved career data. The backlash and meltdowns from such a system would be laughable.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Blue3 said:
libellule said:

?

that sounds interesting

perhaps, perhaps not.

"shocking" is perhaps not the word to use since my thread would just be about what I think is playing against GT5 IMO

Time to Work !