By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 SIGNIFICANTLY Outsold Xbox 360 on Black Friday!!!!!

Another update is
**Edit** with more data coming in, Wii looks a little lower than last year - more like 750,000 units.

So Wii is still comfortably at top, but its not twice as much as PS3.. more like only 50% higher.. n we have to remember Nintendo just last week launched NSMB and nintendo's games second week is usually much higher than other console's games second week... So effect of it should be there too..

Around the Network

500K for PS3?...wow, that´s a major turnaround compared to last year.

I think Nov. NPDs will look something like...

PS3: 900k
360: 700k
Wii: 1.5m

DS: 1.8m
PSP: 300k
PS2: 200k

@CGI

MY GOD

This is such good news after coming from school

JUST WOW!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Does anyone have a problem with "SIGNIFICANTLY" in the thread title now? lol

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Does anyone have a problem with "SIGNIFICANTLY" in the thread title now? lol

Me.

Got a problem with me having a problem,darth?No?no?...didnt think so.

Jking

haha, hey darth who knew your thread title would end up being justified after all huh?

It's good to see ps3 having a surge. Were tehre more bundles available for it than 360, or just higher demand in general?

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@CGI

MY GOD

This is such good news after coming from school

JUST WOW!

Yes, it is good news indeed, particularly because the majority of 2009 had Sony bein destroyed by everybody.

With a re-branding of the console, a (now) aggressive ad campaign, new price point that appeals to the masses, and a fresh batch of top-notch exclusives, it's no wonder the PS3 did what it did here.

I know but like it or not it VERY SURPRISING a $299 PS3 is selling more on black friday than a $199 360 did (last year & this year)

OH AND

Serious Frusting won't be disappointed now as he predicted 500K

LOL!

@kowenicki : yeah you must admit you were wrong again, I guess it must be humbling.

We've been called idiots for years for telling you and other deluded fanboys what is happening now :

- that PS3 would ultimately crush the 360 in sales, as it should

- that the 360 comparative "success" was mostly due to the early release and RROD forcing people buy multiple consoles

- that when you look at sales after release, year 1, year 2, well... the PS3 won every year in sales vs the 360, as it should, having by far the best exclusives. The PS3 has never ever been in danger of anything and always been in front of 360, even from year 1 after release.

Now look, we were right, what a surprise... Bu bu but... wait for NatEyeToy !!