By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YES or NO: PSN is already superior to LIVE.

we can't discuss pros and cons? you might as well just do a poll. this doesn't need a whole topic.

Around the Network

PSN! honestly i play on both n i care for just playing and psn gives me dat for free so as long as i can come home from school or work and play with a bunch of my friends online without seeing my subscription has ended any day of the week i'm good. i think 360 is awesome for the games you play online like left 4 dead gears of war and halo and not live itself.

I Think psn is way better than xbox live because it is free and i never had one lag on my psn and over 10 on my xbox live

Yes it is. Why? Free online multiplayer, plus dedicated servers for certain AAA exclusives.

They are both almost the exact same (as far as quality and features go).

One is free and one cost money, which is pretty much the only major difference between the two.

Around the Network

some people don't get the difference between price and quality.

Toyota is better than Ferrari because of price then? I don't think so...

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

some people don't get the difference between price and quality.

Toyota is better than Ferrari because of price then? I don't think so...

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Yes it is. Easily. I wouldn't spend a penny on Live knowing that PSN exists. Onyxmeth, the fact that PSN is free doesn't make it better. You are deffinitiey right about that. But PSN offers everything Live does. So it's better.

At the same time, for me, it's not soo much about who offers what, but the games that I play online using my console. On PSN, I play games like MGO, Warhawk, Killzone, Wipeout, Gran Turismo, Uncharted. I could pay Microsoft a million dollars for live and still wouldn't be able to play the games I want to play online.

You can't say yes until they improve the communication aspects. Cross game chat and the ability to easily jump into a friends game session are overdue. The EU video store launch makes it even for me though.

Now, built in wifi and no yearly fees are massive plus points for me but that's a seperate argument altogether.

@ DirtyP2002

Are you sure the PS3 doesn't provide more of a Ferrari experience than the 360?

Even most people on a forum like NeoGaf prefer the PS3 user interface:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375796

Most also seem to agree the PS3 comes with a lot more and better quality extras out of the box.
Most also seem to agree PS3 exclusives provide more impressive in-game online features, like content sharing with LittleBigPlanet or many more simultaneous online gamers like in for example Motorstorm: Pacific Rift with a solid performance.

Although I have little use for it myself, I hope they will add cross game chat with the next update, mainly to finally resolve the question.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales