By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YES or NO: PSN is already superior to LIVE.

No way.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

well i certainly woudnt say live is 50 dollars better than psn so id say yes ,psn is better

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Wouldn't it be great if on PCs you and all your online gaming friends would require to subscribe to a Microsoft or Valve service to be able to play online? Your "piss poor" or non-sheep friends will be nicely filtered out of the picture.

While were at it maybe PC games shouldn't be using dedicated servers anymore. So battles can be kept small and extra challenging due to bad performance, like small scale 4 x 4 Gears battles with its short single player campaign?

/sarcasm

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Wouldn't it be great if on PCs you and all your online gaming friends would require to subscribe to a Microsoft or Valve service to be able to play online? Your "piss poor" or non-sheep friends will be nicely filtered out of the picture.

While were at it maybe PC games shouldn't be using dedicated servers anymore. So battles can be kept small and extra challenging due to bad performance, like small scale 4 x 4 Gears battles with its short single player campaign?

/sarcasm

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

derinatly yes,for osme reason i cant see my posts

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Around the Network
rafichamp said:
If you count value, PSN (b/c its free) but without any costs etc, LIVE is still a bit better

This is my answer too.

In terms of providing a multiplayer experience they are pretty much equal (I don't care about dedicated servers or peer-to-peer, when I play with Australians I have no lag, when I play with Europeans/Americans I have slight lag).

But in terms of content I think XBLA pips PSN (until they release more PS1 classics).

Also I like the navigation in XBLA better than PSN (personal Preference).

But like rafichamp says, Value wise PSN wins because it's free (and my experiences with both are essentially the same), but as a total service experience XBL is probably better.

Online multiplayer is all that matters. So yes, psn is better.

All I can say (since I dont own a 360) is that when I first had a PS3 and I played a 360 with XBL at my mate's, I thought XBL was ALOT better, when I played XBL at the same mate's house a month ago.. I thought it looked bad or atleast not really as "way better then PSN"

then again, the gameplay itself is pretty much identical on both PSN and XBL.. and thats the real thing that matters to me, although extra things such as cross game voice chat are awesome extra's.

PSN is superior due to being free and with the thought how fast its getting better especially when compared to how fast XBL is growing (XBL is growing but not even close to PSN)

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

No.

If you're just looking at the ability to play games online. Obviously PSN is better.

A few things that makes Live great is some of the exclusive content, timed exclusives, strong library of Live Arcade games (all of which have demos), and most importantly Halo 3. I can't really complain about paying for Live. Its basically just a few dollars a month and I get many hours of entertainment from it.

Live should single handedly make the Xbox 360 a financially worthwhile endeavor. And its good to see at least one HD console be financially successful this gen.