By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Montreal shifting focus away from Wii games

Miyamoto even said the next system would focus on easier development, hence less cost.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

A lot of industry people have confirmed that most of the development costs are on graphical assets so I don't think easier development will have much of an effect.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

hanafuda said:
Hilarious thread. I haven't lold so much for ages.

Favourite post:

'If Wii owners don't like a game, then its obviously not quality'.

I may sig that.

There's something called "Power off" button on your PC. Press it. Never come back. You're becoming obnoxious.

So in other words, EA Montreal will be closing its doors by Q3 2010.

I guess it's time for them to swim in the big-boy pool

:P

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
averyblund said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Well then, what kind of games do you like? I had a lot of genres covered there, but I'm not much of a racing or RPG- so if you are so tell me what your poison is and I bet I could come up with a few.

Also want to mention that just because many casual games don't appeal to us doesn't make them all suck. Sure the one's with broken controls blow no matter what, but liking these games is a matter of taste and expectation. If you want a game where you can mess around with a virtual horse I'm sure My Horsiez or whatever might be a perfect fit. Not everybody wants to play Metroid, COD or Halo. With that said I avoid mini-games like the plague with only a few exceptions (Rabbids, Nintendo stuff mostly).

The games I most recently bought are the MP trilogy, Wii Sports resort, NSMB Wii, Rabbids go home (the one game on your list), enjoyed all of them, but I had no interest in the other games on your list

You know I specifically excluded 1st party games on that list since that was the whole point right? My whole point, which I restated was that there are good 3rd party games for Wii. Which has nothing to do with the many good games Nintendo releases. I was mistaken when I though I was confused. The games you mention are certainly some of the best this year. Rabbids is quite addicting, pulling me of L4D2 right now is pretty hard

See I don't think there are that many, I only own three third party games at the moment, of course those are opinions, which is why I use sales, since opinions differ from person to person, but sales are a hard objective figure

You continue to not answer my question about what kind of games you do like. What do you buy on other consoles? Or do you only like Nintendo games? Its pretty hard to see where you are coming from if you won't tell us anything about what you do like.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

LordTheNightKnight said:
How about Nintendo buys EA when the company is small enough?

Good try, that's about as plausible as MSFT buying EA.

Not going to happen period, reason is simple, EA would loose massive exclusivity contracts like the one with the NFL........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Not going to happen period, reason is simple, EA would loose massive exclusivity contracts like the one with the NFL........

It's not as though Madden wasn't worth loads even before that. Nintendo would just make it up by insisting the games be just plain good.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Ail said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Who cares about NFL and Madden? Nintendo all-stars football anyone?

Nintendo's not stupid enough to buy EA. Microsoft on the other hand...