By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UK - Wii hardware sales jump 60%, Black Wii makes big impact, Nintendo says no black Wii past 2009

“Of course it would be wrong to attribute all of this to Black Wii as we’re all starting to see a natural peak season uplift on all hardware, but we have been really pleased with Wii’s performance over the last couple of weeks and the new Black Wii has certainly contributed to that. In fact Black hardware sales have doubled week-on-week. We’re bringing in a decent supply of stock and hopefully retail will find it in plentiful supply this Christmas – although consumer reaction to the new colour might suddenly change that position. It is a limited edition version of the console so currently we only have plans for it to be available in 2009.” - senior Nintendo product manager Rob Lowe

“We are working around the clock this Q4, opening each weekend to take in deliveries to support yet another strong Nintendo Christmas. Nindie.com continues to be the only place to offer a fair allocation of stock to the independent channel. We allocate our stock based on the market share that our customers have built up with Nindie on first party Nintendo purchases in the past quarter. Loyalty gets paid back with fairness.” - Koch Media boss Craig McNicol

I still don't understand why we don't have the black Wii in North America. Hearing that the console isn't even going to be made available in 2010 in Europe gives me very little hope that it will see release in the states.

link: GoNintendo - UK - Wii hardware sales jump 60%, Black Wii makes big impact, Nintendo says no black Wii past 2009

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Around the Network

not sure if I want the Black Wii in NA... I would need to sell my white one if I want to pick the black one up. If it never comes, I wouldn't have the problem.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:
not sure if I want the Black Wii in NA... I would need to sell my white one if I want to pick the black one up. If it never comes, I wouldn't have the problem.

Yeah, and some of us have hundreds of dollars of games linked to our Wii. Maybe Nintendo will move them to another system for me. Maybe not.

I'll be sticking with my old one unless something really compelling comes along.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I will sell my Wii and get a black one if it doesn't set me back too much.

What really fries my noodle is WHY Nintendo doesn't just introduce the Black Wii fully. Why are they holding back so much. Does it really make THAT much marketing sense?

UK!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
I will sell my Wii and get a black one if it doesn't set me back too much.

What really fries my noodle is WHY Nintendo doesn't just introduce the Black Wii fully. Why are they holding back so much. Does it really make THAT much marketing sense?

Sales were slowing down in Japan, and the Black Wii is available there. So do the math.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

They should bundle it with Metroid: Other M for limited time.

The black Wii would be tempting to me if the bundle didn't suck. I don't want to shell out extra for games and accessories I'll never use, just sell it to me standalone!

I hope they bring the Black Wii to America sooner than later.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

I think the Black Wii would give the Wii a temporary boost here in North America as well. However I myself have 300$ invested in my VC/WiiWare meaning selling my white Wii for a black Wii isn't going to happen. Heck my Wii sounds like a garberator and I won't even get the thing fixed because I'm worried I'd loose my software!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer