By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread

@Carl

Even if you didn't feel like the entire game wasn't tragic, you can't deny that the ending itself wasn't ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
@Carl

Even if you didn't feel like the entire game wasn't tragic, you can't deny that the ending itself wasn't ;)

Since we learn that Yuna has to die to destroy Sin for only 10 years the game gets really tragic.

lestatdark said:
At this point we can just speculate.

But if to be the most Tragic FF ever it will have to top FFX's ending, do you think it could do that? :P

I dunno

but this is why FF13's story seems so interesting to me, there are so many ifs & buts about.

What will the characters do, + the main villains are literally "gods"

I dunno, but all we know so far is that if they don't complete their focus, they will end up like serah

but in the last trailer Snow & Lightning were talking about seeing her again (very similar to the FF7 ending talk between Cloud & Tifa abotu aerith if I may remind you of that)

Serah wants them to "save cocoon", but their focus is to destroy it, even serah's focus was to destroy it

who knows what the characters will do in the game

but this I have a feeling tears will be shed at the end, I have a bad feeling the whole cast may die

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:

But if to be the most Tragic FF ever it will have to top FFX's ending, do you think it could do that? :P

I dunno

but this is why FF13's story seems so interesting to me, there are so many ifs & buts about.

I dunno, but all we know so far is that if they don't complete their focus, they will end up like serah

but in the last trailer Snow & Lightning were talking about seeing her again (very similar to the FF7 ending talk between Cloud & Tifa abotu aerith if I may remind you of that)

Serah wants them to "save cocoon", but their focus is to destroy it, even serah's focus was to destroy it

but this I have a feeling tears will be shed at the end, I have a bad feeling the whole cast may die

A FF with a 100% sad ending? The last one that had a sad ending was X, and S-E used X-2 to give Yuna a happy ending.

But we just don't know it. Maybe Cocoon's destruction is it salvation, but we just don't know.

invetedlotus123 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:

I dunno

A FF with a 100% sad ending? The last one that had a sad ending was X, and S-E used X-2 to give Yuna a happy ending.

But we just don't know it. Maybe Cocoon's destruction is it salvation, but we just don't know.

I'd love to see that planet/moon blow up or fall from the sky in an epic final cut scene

Around the Network

COME ONE......look at cocoon, its just asking to be shot down! lol

Do you think the lives of 10 million people in Cocoon are worth risking for the wishes of a single person, Darth? :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Do you think the lives of 10 million people in Cocoon are worth risking for the wishes of a single person, Darth? :P

lives of 6 people actually (lol).....and also Cid, brown hair guy & old dude who I am 90% sure are Cocoon l'cie

but still no its not really justified, not at all.....especially not when for lightning they are her "own" people

thats why serah couldn't complete her focus, I couldn't destroy all of UK if I was told to do that, I'd rather die

Also  think there are more pulse l'cie present out to destroy cocoon, eventually I think you might end up saving cocoon & destroying the pulse fal'cie

But someone has to die in the game!

Oh come on Darth, how could you not catch that FFXIII trailer reference >.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:

This is pretty tragic if you ask me.