By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread

Crystalchild said:

by the way, does anyone know if there will be a Card game and Chocobo breeding in FFXIII? i hope it. :(

and a question to feed my curiosity: what do you think, how many copies will XIII sell on Lifetime?

I predict 7 Million+, with 4,5-5m+ on PS3, and 2,5m+ on 360. (i hope 10m, but thats pretty unlikely.)

I HOPE FOR 10 MILLION TOO!!

5.5 - 6.5 Million on PS3

3.5 - 4.5 Million on xbox 360

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

10 DAYS TO GO TILL THE NEXT FANTASY EPIC PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

10 days!!! You don't know what I would do right now to be japanese... >_

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

SAME HERE

10 days till what will probably be my game of the generation!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wished I knew Japanese!!!!!

the xmas holidays was the BEST TIME TO PLAY IT!

TEN DAYS

X DAYS!

I wished I knew more japanese to properly play this game ._. At my current knowledge level, it would take too much time to play the game and actually understand it, time that I do not have due to collegue and other schedule issues T___T

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

I think this game can actually hold some legs in Japan and can be a monters legs in West.

Think, series are have declined worldwide, but, there is always the fans that serve as early-adopters. If the game happens to be that epic as we are waiting it will have great word of mouth, and people that didn't know about it or didn't have interest in it may give it a try once it reach the bargain bin or platinum.

Like, a series in ascencion isn't frontloaded, a frontloaded game means that is a estiblished fanbase that gets the game as fast as they can, have little to zero capacity of holding legs because it just can't catch new consumers.

FF XIII will have the traditional fanbase getting in it in first month, and than, with word of mouth, leg til the 10 million spot.

I don't think the series has declined at all. What is your measure for saying that? The sales comparison between FFX and FFXII?

That's the normal flow of sales in Final Fantasy games. FFVII, being the first FF in the PS1, made almost 10M, which was followed by FFVIII doing almost 8M and FFIX doing 5.3M

When it came PS2 time, FFX sold almost 8M once again (boosted over FFIX numbers) and FFXII sold almost 6M. Even the spinoff, FFX-2 sold 5M.

Now if you are talking about quality of the games, then that's entirely subjective and mostly your point of view actually, due to the fact that even FFXII, a game that has so much hate and flame from the majority of the fan-base received very good critical acclaims and it's very well regarded in terms of it's history and trying to innovate in various areas.

I just don't see how anyone can consider that FF has "declined" anywhere.

Current PC Build

Oh, I just wondered one thing, it seems strange that no one has asked the same question in here so far.

Every Final Fantasy game, since the introduction of summons on FFIII, has had an over the top, ultimate summon that can only be earned by some very difficult side quest or very hard battle.

FFIII had Bahamut after a super hard fight with him
FFIV had Bahamut on the Moon cave.
FFV had Bahamut in the northern mountain of the desert where you find Phoenix in World 3
FFVI had the Crusader Esper which had you defeating the 8 dragons on the entire world of ruin, trust me, it was not an easy feat.
FFVII had KOTR materia, which had you going to the entire minigame of Chocobo Breeding and Chocobo Racing in order to get a Gold Chocobo to go to the island where KOTR was located
FFVIII had Eden GF which could only be obtained by drawing it from one of the toughest enemies in the game, Ultima Weapon, but before had you going through the entire Deep Sea Research Facility, home to some very tough enemies as well.
FFIX had Ark, which could only be obtained by learning it from a Pumice, the rarest item of the game.
FFX had the Magus Sisters, in which you had to go through a game spanning sidequest and through some parts of the Monster Arena sidequest as well
FFXII had Zodiark, which had you going through the most difficult Area in the game, Henne Mines, and through the most broken fight in a FF game ever, Zodiark himself (50% death chance with his main party attack, 25% with items)

So my question is, fellow FF fans, how do you think that the ultimate summon or Gestalt in this game will be? Discuss away :O

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Oh, I just wondered one thing, it seems strange that no one has asked the same question in here so far.

Every Final Fantasy game, since the introduction of summons on FFIII, has had an over the top, ultimate summon that can only be earned by some very difficult side quest or very hard battle.

FFIII had Bahamut after a super hard fight with him
FFIV had Bahamut on the Moon cave.
FFV had Bahamut in the northern mountain of the desert where you find Phoenix in World 3
FFVI had the Crusader Esper which had you defeating the 8 dragons on the entire world of ruin, trust me, it was not an easy feat.
FFVII had KOTR materia, which had you going to the entire minigame of Chocobo Breeding and Chocobo Racing in order to get a Gold Chocobo to go to the island where KOTR was located
FFVIII had Eden GF which could only be obtained by drawing it from one of the toughest enemies in the game, Ultima Weapon, but before had you going through the entire Deep Sea Research Facility, home to some very tough enemies as well.
FFIX had Ark, which could only be obtained by learning it from a Pumice, the rarest item of the game.
FFX had the Magus Sisters, in which you had to go through a game spanning sidequest and through some parts of the Monster Arena sidequest as well
FFXII had Zodiark, which had you going through the most difficult Area in the game, Henne Mines, and through the most broken fight in a FF game ever, Zodiark himself (50% death chance with his main party attack, 25% with items)

So my question is, fellow FF fans, how do you think that the ultimate summon or Gestalt in this game will be? Discuss away :O

I hope its Anima. Other then that, I have no idea. All I know is that the summons in FFXIII is pure EPICNESS.

ehr.. an epic summon would be great, but isnt there 1 unchangeable summon for every party member?

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!