By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Valve bringing Portal to Wii

Portal would be extremely well suited on the Wii.

The beauty of the Source engine is it's scalability as HL2 on XBox proved with it's near-enough identical port, and with time would probably prove a better experience on Wii's hardware, especially with some of the new visual features the latest HL2 titles added in the engine.

Only killer though is the game's depth - or lack of! It would need aload of extra content besides the advanced levels / challeneges to prove enough sustenance for a standalone Wii game.

Other than that I hope it happens, Portal has been one of the titles of the year - undoubtedly :)

Around the Network

Will it have the same graphics?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

oh man, that would be awesome! i've been delaying buying orange box cause portal was the only part of the game i actually wanted to play. i think i'll hold out a bit longer just in case. xD

I think the Wii could handle Portal at 480p resolution. It's a lot lower resolution than what most PC gamers use to play games.  Portal is ideally suited to the Wii, since it has so few controls.

Another game for the Wii... maybe.  Woo hoo!

Around the Network

I'm very, very, very, very, very interested in this. The Orange Box is the game(s) I absolutely want most for the 360, now more than ever since I just played TF2 at a friend's place, and I would very much like to give some of my hard earned money to be able to play it on the Wii.

It wouldn't be too hard to do either, since it's all running on Half-life 2's engine that worked plenty well enough with the original Xbox. I'm more than prepared to suffer slightly downgraded graphics in order to enjoy the brilliance of Portal, the crazy action of TF2, and the hell-I-dunno-what-but-I-hear-it's-great of HL2.

Don't mean to be a downer or anything, but unless they either "insert" a lot of content or priced very cheaply (20?), it would be much better if people just bought orange box for PC.

Edit: Unless it's 'AND', but that's still only for those who haven't bought the orange box.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Hope it's true :)

Haven't played a lot of Portal but it looks great. And more games for Wii = Wophii

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

I don't know why, this is a game that is perfectly suited on the PC.

They shouldn't even have had a PS3 and 360 version IMO.

Loved the game on PC, would buy it again for Wii (well, if it had extra content)