By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Informer’s top 200 games of all time

God awful list I cant even begin to mention how many games are considerably out of place on that list. But I will mention a couple MGS2 above 3 or 4 hahaha. This list is wack it is impossible to rank cross generational games against each other.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Oh, I found this thread. It might explain why the Wii is so forgotten in that top 200:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=41241

Nice find.  Grampy really ripped Game Informer a new one in that thread.  Too bad he doesn't come around here anymore.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

vlad321 said:
iWarMachine said:
Boutros said:
dsister44 said:
Boutros said:
Am I the only one seeing a Naughty Dog hate (maybe not hate but disregard) on that list?

They have two games up there. Jak III shouldn't be anywhere near that list.Half of Rare's catalogue should be up there

But where's Jak and Daxter, Jak II, Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2 and Uncharted?

They all deserve to be on that list (imo).

Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted and Jak & Daxter series should be there...all of them...even CTR.

wtf ? MGS4 at #108? below GEARS OF WAR!?

@vlad321

MGS4 SHOULD BE in the top 100 best movies and easily in the top 50 of games...and this is coming from a guy that is a movie fan and a gamer.

MGS4 is a HORRIBLE movies which can be summed up with one word: "NANOBOTS!" and it's not a god game because it had fucking 10 hours of retarded cutscenes. It basicaally forced me to waste 10 hours of my time watching a shit movie. Granted it hd some pretty cool gameplay in between though. Definitely not cool enough to redeem itself of 10 hours worth of shit. To illustarted how wasted my time felt, I can watch all 3 Godfather movies in those 10 hours. That's how cheated I felt like.

I too am a movie fan, and I can tell you that if you liked the MGS4 then you should never call yourself a movie fan. 

a lot of amazing movies can be summed up with one word.

the story in MGS series is better than most of the great movies out there, it has one of the deepest character storytelling (every character in this series can have its own game), and it's actually a sci-fi reality movie, leaving the superpowers aside, it could be pretty real.

Snake as the main character is one of the most appealing characters of all time, and you actually make a connection with him and his clones.

the villains in this story have a reason to do what they do, and all of them have a really deep story to back up what they're doing. even if you think they're villains, they're just people with a dream to follow just like the main character.

MGS1 is a great game, with a really good story, in an action movie way with lots of twists and great moments, for its time it was one of the first if not the first game to create a movie atmosphere around it.

MGS3 is a great james bond movie, actually, it's better than most of the james bond movies...and the story, god damn the story after you've played MGS2....damn. The ending....OH MY GOD THE ENDING OF THIS GAME IT'S GODLY, it may be a cliché but it doesn't matter because it's perfect for the story.

MGS4 is a great ending to a great series most of the movies that have sequels doesn't have the best ending. i actually think that this game has to be in the top 100 of movies because the story behind the whole series and how it ends, truly epic.

but, the true gem in this series is MGS2...why? because it's so deep with its storytelling, background story, action, drama, etc.etc. it's almost amazing to see it, because you always want to see what's happening next, never gets repetitive as you do several amount of differents things throughout the game...there's always something that makes you smile or cry, it's very psychological in that way, the final 2 hours of this game it's mindblowing, mindfucking, epic, dramatic, sad, and in the last minute, the best cliffhanger for MGS3 that makes you feel like "WTF!?"

that's why i think this series should be in the top 100 of everything to say the least.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

oh i forgot to say that MGS2 at #50 it's LAUGHABLE, easily it's in the top 20, EASILY, the amount of content,easter eggs,story,gameplay, everything this game has in it it's mindblowing.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!