By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kill the rumor, next GeoW will still be an Xbox 360 exclusive

Talega said:
This game wont be realese on Ps3 is like saying MGS 4 coming to Xbox so is just imposible

not impossible, just very much improbable. 

due mainly the way each of those game's were designed

the xbox360 did not get MGS: 4 because of a few thing's with Sony , but also the way the game was designed.

the PS3 did not get gears because of a few thing's with microsoft, but also the way the game was designed.

any game can be made to fit any system, but than it would not be the Same Game. unless the game is made multi-platform in the first place there are alway's going to be game's that will never be ported , due to agreement's and the way the game is designed due to the way the hardware is on one system than another system's hardware.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

i agree with his conclusion (GeoW = 360 exclusive) but his "proof" is hardly conclusive.

It's either going to be a very late release on 360 or, perhaps more likely, a launch title for next Xbox.

More to the point, when is PC version of Gears 2 being announced?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

As a pro-PS3 owner i woudnt want Gears. Gears was highly defined in the Xbox console and it should stay that way. Bringing that series to the PS3 just doesnt feel suited and I think its good for MS to keep some great exclusives to call their own.

Staude said:
Bullet100000 said:
Staude said:
nofingershaha said:
epic to microsoft is what insomniac is to sony, they both are looking towards a long profitable relationship, why jeopardize that?

What about unreal tournament 3 then ?

Anyways wut ? there was a rumor ?

Wow never realized that Epic games made Unreal Tournament.

That's why it's called the unreal engine :P

@nofingers.

Actually I think epic could manage. They have released pc games for more than a decade now. Insomniac.. who knows.

Epic might manage considering most of their income is made from licensing the unreal engine, but i still can't imagine them having Gears on other platforms considering the massive marketing campaign Microsoft provided for them that was only second to Halo 3. I don't EA or even Activision can do the same.

Around the Network
nofingershaha said:
epic to microsoft is what insomniac is to sony, they both are looking towards a long profitable relationship, why jeopardize that?

That's not a good analogy.  Epic has the Unreal engine working on the PS3 and has developed a few titles for the PS3 already.  I don't think GeoW is a signed exclusive for MS since MS doesn't own the IP so Epic is free to do with what they want unless MS slips them a few extra bucks for exclusivity.  There's nothing to say that GeoW will come to PS3 but there's nothing to prevent Epic from doing so at least if there is a GeoW 3.

Edit: I do recall a few years ago that MS signed Epic for Gears 1 and 2 but nothing beyond that.  I think thats where the rumour started.

Reasonable said:
It's either going to be a very late release on 360 or, perhaps more likely, a launch title for next Xbox.

Never.  Better get a 360 to play it on.

kitler53 said:
i agree with his conclusion (GeoW = 360 exclusive) but his "proof" is hardly conclusive.

yea, I also agree due to the very fact that Gear's was designed with the xbox360 in mind, not to say that Epic could not have made the game for the PS3 also. Hell any game could be made for any platform, it's just that it may not be the same game. If the Developer designed the game to take strength's of one platform in mind when they design the game, porting to another platform may change certain aspect's of the game in the way it perform's or react's to certain part's of the new platform. 

An the result's may not be what they intended for the game to be like , and they may have to change part's of that game to be able to get result's that they like.If the developer decided their game is better the way it is than that's their choice. After all they are the one's who are making the game in the first place.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

nightsurge said:
Reasonable said:

Never.  Better get a 360 to play it on.

Nah, I'll let it slip then.  I play Valve, Mass Effect, etc. on PC, I'm not going to get a 360 just for Gears 2 and Halo 3.  Well, probably not.  But the way the price has dropped then I guess I'll never say never as it may eventually be cheap enough to warrant a late blast towards the end of the gen.  By then Gears 2, etc. will be dirt cheap as well.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I am not surprised.