By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Colts vs Patriots. Time to make your predictions NFL fans!

Sorry didn't mean to come off as an attack. I follow fantasy pretty closely so one of the things that is standard in analysis of this stuff is making sure the stats produced are under similar conditions to the current week's conditions.

This isn't the case for either team so we can expect wildly different results. And it doesn't always go in an intuitive direction..which complicates things.

Edit: Actually fantasy football is one of the reason I get the NFL sunday ticket.  its nice to be able to see every game each week and even better that it allows you to create your rosters on your cable box and it will automatically give you stats updates while watching etc... But I pay a premium for it =P 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
nordlead said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Patriots.

They can drive the ball down the field a lot harder IMO.

Definitely frustrating to watch them hand the Cowboys their first loss.

as an Eagles fan, i thoroughly enjoyed it, as I despise the Cowboys, Terrel Owens, and Tony Romo. However, I believe I'll be watching a thorough beating of the Eagles in roughly 4 weeks.

I know the feeling. Backing the lowest ranked team in the NFC East has to be hard, but the Eagles have an almost decent record if you look at the NFC in general.

I'm looking forward to the Cowboys/Packers game myself. Both are all wins and one loss at this point. Should be an interesting game. Same with the Cowboys/Giants game though; their first game wasn't exactly an easy one and the Giants are bringing 6 wins of their own to the table.

As for the Colts, they've had some tough times with teams that shouldn't have been major opponents like the Texans. They've still pulled off wins, but when push comes to shove they don't exactly step up. The Patriots/Cowboys game showed that the Patriots can really step up the pressure when the game is on the line.

Despite all of that, I think the Cowboys/Bills game will go down as the best game of the season. A win with 1-2 seconds on the clock is amazing.

I'm a big colts fan and I'm going with them all the way.

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

I badly want the Colts to win (not because I'm a Colts fan necessarily, but because the Patriots are the enemy of all that is good and decent). But I do think the Pats will win.

At least it's not in Foxborough. If it was, you know the Colts would experience one of those famous "communications malfunctions" on a key play.

The Colts are a better team than the Cowboys in most respects, but tey did have one edge the Colts will not: They play a 3-4 defense, which I think is better suited to disrupting great quarterbacks without necessarily breaking down the protection. You're simply not going to beat the Pats' O-line with blitzes, because they'll hold up long enough for Brady to find one of his receivers.

Fortunately for Indy, they don't blitz to begin with, so no worries there - they can play the game they want to. A standard four-man rush with seven in coverage is better, but it helps if you can disguise the vanilla defense, which is easier to do in a 3-4 than a 4-3 (where the QB can assume on nearly every play that the DL is rushing).

I think the Patriots defense is a bit over-rated due to their incredible offense - teams are playing two, three TDs behind early in games, and consequently getting desperate, throwing too much, and gambling to get back into the game. The Pats D doesn't have to be great, just sit back and wait for the mistake to come.

The Colts should move on them pretty well - it's the other side of the ball I'm worried abut.

everyone cheats.

the Pats aint cheating now

and now they beating teams 52-7, and have avg margin of victory of 25.5

Pats 34 - Colts 21

look at my PSN handle , thats for the man , Tom Brady

Around the Network

Colts will show why they are the defending Super Bowl champions in this game and pull out a win. Watch for the Hitman, Bob Sanders to light up the Pats with some hard hits that will make you all wince in pain. While Brady is a very good QB, he's not at the same level when compared to Peyton.
Colts pull out a win 38-27.

Also, I'm sick of how the announcers constantly fellate Brady. He's not the best thing since creamed corn in your tighty whiteys.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Pats by a touchdown. Everyone here is stating their idea of who will win... How about putting your numbers out there...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Colts win 35 - 24 deal with that score

Pats will win.

I think it's funny how whoever emerges as the big dog is so quickly reviled. Whats with all the Pat hate? It's almost as bad as the Cowboy hate of the 90's

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Pats by 20 atleast. There pissed off about everyone calling them cheaters. They will put up 40 easy maybe 50. They will not go to coast mode like usually in the 2nd half. I got Brady on my fantasy team. Yea for me.