By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dear Ubisoft,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for Beyond Good and Evil. While sales may not have been to your expectations, the game was an examplary outing. It shows your commitment to making high quality games that can be enjoyed on many levels.

But the purpose of my letter is to ask you to build on this practice of making thoroughly enjoyable games and release another installement in the Rayman platformer series. It's an idea that I know you aren't opposed to, as this very same game was once on the drawingboard. But that game ended up a very different entity. Thanks to the Wiimote, Rayman became Rayman Raving Rabbids. And I'm thankful that it did, as the game is a fantastically enjoyable time and I am looking forward to purchasing it's sequel. However, that game, while great, is not rayman.

Infact, so few games are Rayman now a days. Once a major genre, the Platformer has been done a disservice of late. Be it the strive towards realism or the preference towards gore, the once crowded feild has been reduced to only a shadow of it's former self. But that said, what a shadow it is. Each platform this generation is set to see it's own master platformer game. Ratchet and Clank is poised to be the PS3's best selling game, as is Mario Galaxy on the Wii. And despite so little known about it, Banjoe-Kazooie is already much talked about by gamers.

So with only three games of the genre set to ignite the minds of so many gamers, wouldn't now be the time to revive one of the greatest platforming icons of all time? The game would be instantely recognizable to millions of gamers and most likely, given the talent and skill at Ubisoft Studios, will appeal to many more. On what platform? That's not my call. My hopes would be multiplat so that all gamers could partake in brilliant and humorously designed adventure. But ultimately, the console it finds itself on is irrelevant. It's the game's existence that is of tantamount importance.

In conclusion, I would like to thank you for taking this time to read this letter (just pretend I actually sent this to Ubisoft, ok?) and I urge you to consider working a game that will probably be as much fun to make as it is to play. 

Yours truly,
Stof

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

I whole-heartedly agree. More quality platformers make me happy.

Rayman Raving Rabbids has been one of my favorite games for the Wii and I am getting the sequel on release day. However the first was carried largely on the humor from the rabbits, and the 2nd installment promises to be even more so. So I say that if a 3rd in the series is planned they base it on the rabbits themselves and their crazy world dominating motives. This would free Rayman to move back to jumping on platforms.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

I definitely agree. Rayman 2 was a game I really loved, and while I liked Rayman 3 on my PS2, I didn't like it as much as Rayman 2. I've never played RRR but I can see myself playing it sometime. However, I'd really like a new Rayman sequel (that resembles Rayman 2, not the first or the third) on my Wii (or the 360, as I'm going to have one soon, or the DS or PSP, or multiplatform, whatever is fine!).

definitely, i really enjoyed the rayman series. i could certainly stand to see another.

talking about platformers, i wouldn't mind seeing abe's oddyssey(i know that's not spelled right) make another appearance, either.

dschumm said:
I whole-heartedly agree. More quality platformers make me happy.

Rayman Raving Rabbids has been one of my favorite games for the Wii and I am getting the sequel on release day. However the first was carried largely on the humor from the rabbits, and the 2nd installment promises to be even more so. So I say that if a 3rd in the series is planned they base it on the rabbits themselves and their crazy world dominating motives. This would free Rayman to move back to jumping on platforms.

I'm still not sure whether I'd want a Rayman game revolving around fighting the bunnies, or for the two IP's to be completely seperated. Ubisoft would still have the name and fanbase for Rayman success, and the bunnies would be able to sell themselves in pretty much whatever game they're in.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

I actually prefer the direction the series has taken with RRR. Hilarious.

Very interesting stuff, which I agree with...

I say send them that through e-mail, the worse that can happen is you get a generic e-mail back...

routsounmanman said:
I actually prefer the direction the series has taken with RRR. Hilarious.

So do I, but it's not Rayman. It's Rabbids. Rabbids rock and I'm sure they'll have a glorious future at Ubi. But Rayman deserves a bit more than being the least interesting part of the Rabbids games. 

Rayman, Abe and Crash (developed by Naughty Dog) need to come out in 08. That would make me so happy.

Soriku said:
nice

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |