By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Should abortion be banned?

Yeah, lets ban it. Lets force women to go to Mexico or throw them self off the stairs if they want abortions. I'm also afraid orphanages aren't full enough, we need more criminals.

Around the Network
badgenome said:

No, I think abortion should be legal until the 145th trimester.

Why?

That's why.

As a strong pro-life advocate, I must admit that this is the strongest arguement against me that I have faced. Well done.

Boneitis said:

Yeah, lets ban it. Lets force women to go to Mexico or throw them self off the stairs if they want abortions. I'm also afraid orphanages aren't full enough, we need more criminals.

The average wait to adopt a baby is over 4 years because there are so many more people who want to adopt than there are babies to adopt, so orphanages don't really get impacted from abortions ...

I think they should be illegal. Of all the things I think that should be legalized, abortion is the only one that relates to the destruction of another human.

It should only be done in very, VERY extreme measures. Outside of that, I don't think it should be legal. Women (and the husbands) should strive to keep the child to full term. If they feel that they cannot take care of the baby (which is the reason in 90% or more of abortions), then it should be given up for adoption.

However, in the process, I believe adoptions should be promoted and reformed to ensure that the mother knows that the most honorable thing to do is to give the baby up to a loving family. Adoption has been destroyed since abortions became legal in the US. At one time, 10% of all children were adopted....The number has dropped 10-fold thanks to the fact that 40,000,000 babies were aborted.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

This can't end well..........

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Boneitis said:

The average wait to adopt a baby is over 4 years because there are so many more people who want to adopt than there are babies to adopt, so orphanages don't really get impacted from abortions ...

Maybe for a white baby. Either way, we have abortions so we don't know the real impact banning it would have.

Boneitis said:

1) Going to Mexico or throwing oneself off the stairs are not the only possible "solutions" to unwanted pregnancy.

2) Filling orphanages = more criminals?

What the heck are you talking about? While I disagree with some of the opinions posted here, at least other users are talking with some respect, mate.

"I think that I don't think."

- Soli Deo Gloria -

The FUTURE is the FUTURE. Now... B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

Boneitis - We do have data concerning adoption prior to abortion, and afterwards:
http://statistics.adoption.com/information/adoption-statistics-placing-children.html

There was a significant correlation between white women aborting and the reduction of adoption. Therefore banning abortion would force women to give their children up for adoption vs. caring for the kid.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

OH GOD HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!

Baroque_Dude said:
Boneitis said:

1) Going to Mexico or throwing oneself off the stairs are not the only possible "solutions" to unwanted pregnancy.

2) Filling orphanages = more criminals?

What the heck are you talking about? While I disagree with some of the opinions posted here, at least other users are talking with some respect, mate.

Well sometimes people do go to extreme measures. What other solutions do you recommend?

When someone becomes 18 at an orphanages they're thrown into the streets. Much bigger problem than you probably realize.