By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Was this Sony's best month yet?

Seriously, my wallet is hurting and it's not even November yet.

Folklore - The only place I find it to be pretty acclaimed is IGN, but IGN's review is by far the most in depth review so far. So a 9.0 is well suited for it, in my opinion. Folklore has a great story...nuff said. BTW: Probably the only game out so far that really used to sixaxis without it being much of a gimick or over emphasizing the implementation like Lair. 

Everyday Shooter - A work of art, seriously. At first I felt I was ripped off with another Asteroids or Super Stardust HD knockoff, but boy was I wrong. A few more minutes into the game and I finally realized it was great. I don't know quite exactly how to explain it, but it's like an invigorating and sometimes soothing piece of abstract art. I think the game is amazing, let alone, the only guy who developed it. Kudos to him for a well made piece of art. I seriously haven't played a work of art like this since Shadow of the Colossus.

Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction - Just fun in its purest form. I swear, launching a plasma monster and watching it annihalate other space criters is just hystericaly funny and pleasing. This is just a great game, I recommend it to mature people and youngsters alike. 

The Eye of Judgement bundled with PS Eye - I've never been a fan of card games, but this one is pretty solid. Simple, easy to learn, and just overall solid. While some people think the joint with the PS Eye makes it a gimick, I find it almost necessary to have it kinda regulate what's going on to avoid cheaters and what not. I find it to be a good ingenious idea. A lot of people can't get into card games because there's just no interaction...The picture, the card, the ink...it's just there. Not anymore, it jumps out in the screen and you see what those monsters could really do. I think it's cool overall and I can't wait for the Trials of Topoq

I think the PS3's continuous games drought is over hereinafter, and it's only going to be getting better now it seems.  What do you guys think?  

Around the Network

It wont get better until its affordable.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

zackblue, that was just lame.

I was going to respond...

Montana Im talking about sales since this is a sales site. I think it was lame I said that since he was talking about upcoming games. It will only get better :D Cant wait till KZ 2:D

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

it was a good month for them with games

Around the Network
Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:
zackblue, that was just lame.

How so? Less affordable = Less sales because people don't want to spend that much = No good sales = Less T-P support because no good sales = Sony must rely on their own first-party games which we know they can't do and get (new) good T-P games every once in a while = Less quality games = It's not getting better It's one big chain reaction. But you're entitled to your own opinion...

I agree with the sentiment zackblue posted, but it was lame because it was a hit-and-run.  If he wanted to add something to the thread, he could have actually responded to the OP instead of just dropping a one-liner.  And $400 is affordable to a lot more people than $600, even if it's less affordable than a 360 or a Wii.

Anyway, it sounds like FOOD88 is finding plenty of enjoyment in his PS3 this month.  Rock on. 

welcome to the club, every consoles money stash is hurting

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
FOOD88 said:

Seriously, my wallet is hurting and it's not even November yet.

<snip>

I think the PS3's continuous games drought is over hereinafter, and it's only going to be getting better now it seems. What do you guys think?

Welcome to the world of video games.

Still, I think most console owners are going to share this sentiment minus 360 owners since they've had a library for quite a while.  As the generation moves forward, all systems are going to be getting more games and, more importantly, better games.  Good news for all video gamers alike.

Ratchet and Clank is probably the biggest game to hit the system so far. So in that regard: yes, this is the PS3's best month. But it's hardly a month in which the PS3 has lit up the charts. Nor is it one in which the system has set ablaze the minds of gamers. And when we consider that the Xbox has just hit it's glory moment and the Wii is about to do the same, this success for the PS3 seems fairly small in comparison.

Barring an unprecedented success for Uncharted, the PS3 will probably get drowned out this holiday season by the other system's successes.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I wasn't interested in a single PS3 game until I got to play Ratchet and Clank.  Simply put it is a great game.  With a few more titles like this, people might be able to justify the purchase of this machine. 

The Eye of Judgement game looks good, but the cards are 50 cents each and that seems rather expensive.  I also worry that the ease in which the cards can be copied will reduce the likelyhood of further expansions.