By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie disappointed that games like COD MW2, Assassin’s Creed arent on wii

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=27901

Around the Network

I wouldn't really be dissapointed if I were him. Wii already sells enough SW and has plenty of 3rd party support.

Reggie should really take action and try to get these developers to put games like on Assassin's Creed 2 and Modern Warfer 2 on the Wii.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Infinity Ward doesn't like working on the Wii.

Assassin's Creed was in development before the Wii even launched, and the 2nd game should still be highly successful appealing to the PS3/360/PC crowd, just like the first one. A Wii version (with motion controls and several differences) is probably considered too much of a bother to make. Or there's just not enough motivation.

And a lot of these games aren't on the Wii because it's just too different from the HD consoles. Most developers have no fuckin' clue how to make a successful game on the Wii (big hits like Carnival Games are often the developer getting lucky and not actually thinking of its appeal), and most want to work with more powerful engines and utilize more features.

When Microsoft wanted certain games on their system they got out their checkbook. Is Reggie willing to "pay the price"? lol

Around the Network

hey they have the money lol

Yeah well to bad for him. I would be dissapointed to.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

I'm dissapointed the games aren't on Wii as well. But the HD systems have what the Third Parties want. Graphics and companies willing to subsidize their development cost.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

I don't even see how Assassin's Creed would work with the Wiimote, aside from the stabbing motion of the concealed blade(s).

As for COD, Treyarch have recently created Reflex, so it's not like Activision are ignoring the Wii.

Reggie's disappointment won't help bridge the gap between HD and Wii.

wholikeswood said:
I don't even see how Assassin's Creed would work with the Wiimote, aside from the stabbing motion of the concealed blade(s).

As for COD, Treyarch have recently created Reflex, so it's not like Activision are ignoring the Wii.

Reggie's disappointment won't help bridge the gap between HD and Wii.

He doesn't mean the games specifically as they are, Assassins Creed for example wouldn't fit the Wii in the slightest. However, the fact that there are so few well top-tier third party core games for Wii is disappointing. There are some that look like they put the effort in terms of production values in, but not in terms of game design (Dead Space Extraction, etc.). Even the Gamecube had RE:4.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.