By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - David Wise moves on from Rare

From his facebook:

I think the business of Rare has changed a great deal, and at the moment there is just not the opportunity to create the soundtracks that Rare were fortunately very famous for.

Notable soundtracks he was directly responsible for (though this list is probably incomplete):

Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Diddy Kong Racing
Star Fox Adventures

Plus all of Rare's NES work.  The man is a genius, and I hope he does well wherever the road may take him.

Around the Network

bummer, at least he wasn't fired.

rare has officially lost everything that made it rare.
first the stamper brothers, now wise.

you know Nintendo could always make more Donkey Kong game (hint)

You know, that soundtrack for Starfox Adventures may have been the best thing about the game, looking back.

Around the Network

I wonder what Rare is working on that wouldn't allow him to do his thing. It's not like Rare hasn't been creating games over the last few years that could benefit from god soundtracks. Perfect Dark Zero, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, both Viva Pinatas, and Kameo are on paper as good a game as any from Rare to get dynamic soundtracks from him.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

I wonder what Rare is working on that wouldn't allow him to do his thing. It's not like Rare hasn't been creating games over the last few years that could benefit from god soundtracks. Perfect Dark Zero, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, both Viva Pinatas, and Kameo are on paper as good a game as any from Rare to get dynamic soundtracks from him.

Well, we know they're behind Avatars, which don't require anything in the way of a soundtrack, and all we know for the future is that Rare is 100% behind Natal.

Please employ this man, Nintendo.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Please employ this man, Nintendo.

Nintendo should form a team of ex-Rare guys to make new Donkey Kong games.  xD

ehm double standards?

1. "Rare is such a bad developer!" (At the time he was creating the soundtracks for 4 or 5 Rare games
  2. "This man is a genius" (After he left Rare)

Nobody ever said Banjo Kazooies or Perfect Dark Zeros soundtrack were awesome...

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...