By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Not DS's fault. GTA CW PSP is an absolute FLOP!!!!

yeah, it's still a great game that will sell 1-2 millions, but it's very different from the best selling
GTA III on Ps2 and PSP

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

It's simple : The DS destroyed the GTA franchise.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Soriku said:
Hus said:
Farmageddon said:
No one is saying PSP can't sell GTA. That's actually the point, that PSP too couldn't sell a lot of Chinatown Wars, so you can't blame DS or it's install base for the relatively poor sales (and then 800k and going can't be that bad).

Actually you can and should blame the DS, it lacks the hardware to make a portable GTA that people want.

A portable GTA sold 5 million, it can work on portables. 

Huh? They could have done a 3D GTA and sold better but they decided to make an even better game but it ended up selling less. Regardless, 800k for a DS game is a big success. For GTA it isnt anything big but it probably sold enough to consider making another GTA game on DS. The PSP version ended up selling <10k in one month...what are you going to blame for that?

Soriku how the hell do you know it's a better game than 3D GTA? You don't even play GTA.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:

Soriku how the hell do you know it's a better game than 3D GTA? You don't even play GTA.

If we're going with measure of 'quaility' people on this site usually refer to, i.e. metacritic score, it's better than 3D GTA like LCS and VCS on PSP. Personally, I think metacritic is BS, but still CW was better experience for me than LCS and VCS combined.

Game just sucks

Around the Network

I played it on my DS and i thought it was really good.
I have no reason to get it on PSP. I doubt it will be that different, obviously it doesn't have a touchscreen.

Soriku said:
Hus said:
Farmageddon said:
No one is saying PSP can't sell GTA. That's actually the point, that PSP too couldn't sell a lot of Chinatown Wars, so you can't blame DS or it's install base for the relatively poor sales (and then 800k and going can't be that bad).

Actually you can and should blame the DS, it lacks the hardware to make a portable GTA that people want.

A portable GTA sold 5 million, it can work on portables. 

Huh? They could have done a 3D GTA and sold better but they decided to make an even better game but it ended up selling less. Regardless, 800k for a DS game is a big success. For GTA it isnt anything big but it probably sold enough to consider making another GTA game on DS. The PSP version ended up selling <10k in one month...what are you going to blame for that?

Yeah, and, besides, that's beyond the point, again.

See, people said GTA Chinatown Wars didn't sell well (it is close to a million, so well should read well for 3D GTA) just because it was on the DS and the DS userbase was bad for selling this kind of game too, while the PSP userbase was good for that. Now, that PSP got the game, the difference in sales is so huge any other factor you might want to account for can't make it read like "PSP userbase is better than DS userbase for selling this kind of game", disproving earlier claims, wich was the point of this thread.

I don't know how anyone can say it flopped on the DS. It has sold 790k and is still selling every week.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."