By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How do you decide when and which consoles to purchase?

Wow ookaze, our taste in RPG's are eerily similar. :) I'd suggest Skies of Arcadia : Legends for Gamecube as well as Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles (some design flaws, but still a good game for $15). And I WOULD recommend you try Xenogears (PSX), it's my #1 alltime favorite game. I guess my biggest problems with the upcoming Jrpg's for 360 are none of them look interesting, outside of Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell. :/ I want Fire Emblem 10, Dragon Quest Swords, and maybe Opoona for Wii right now while eagerly awaiting information on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : The Crystal Bearers. I'm also curious as to what Konami's unannounced RPG for Wii is. C'mon Suikoden VI! :D I'm drooling in anticipation towards Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 for DS. My 3rd playthrough for FFTA I did EVERYTHING, clocking in 186 hours and all 300 missions, with a save right before the "absolute final battle" :) (Marche is a level 50 Blue Mage that kicks all sorts of butt.) And I'll finally have enough money for a DS Lite after next week. Woohoo! :D

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

I usually buy a console when it has received the first price drop and it has 3-4 games I want .Thats the best timeframe to get one .I do take into account the graphical and processing power ,I just am not happy to buy games for my console if there are significantly better versions out there . With the Playstation 3 I have made an exception and bought it at launch ,but simply because usually when I am waiting for my new console to drop price I can still buy some of the last gems for my current consoles .This time around my current consoles were the Game Cube and the Xbox and with the exception of Zelda Tp they are dead since a year before (games for the Xbox have still come out this year as COD3 ,but not in Europe where the console is discounted since nearly a year and a half ) .So this time around I had some hurry to buy a games console .Wii isnt for me ,and there isnt a single chance I am paying Bill Gates 60 euros yearly until I am an old man to play online plus I had some fear about the X360 reliability (here they broke as if made of glass ) so for me really theres wasnt an option ,plus I really liked the PS3 ,upcoming games ,retrocompatibility (now I can buy second hand PS2 games ) ,free online ,Linux ,wireless controllers etc .

Zelda

vanguardian1 : Guess what ! I already got Skies of Arcadia (found it used for more than retail price, as I took the European version, as my GC was not modded, and my Wii isn't either, yet). And I already bought FF:CC recently at half the price (GC games were 60€ in Europe !! I got it new for 30, still expensive). I wasn't clear enough, but I already finished Xenogears (japanese version) a long time ago. This game has an amazing story, but the gameplay was really bad. Congratulations on FFTA !! FFTA2 announces are what reminded me that I needed to finish the first one completely ;)

Je crois que j'aurais décidé exactement au moment venu. Pas avant (faudrait être débile quand même).