By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I can't stand these rude people on vg chartz

BenKenobi88 said:
I was going to guess American junior high student, but by saying "taking the piss" he must be English or Australian or something.

Why english or Australian? I type quite coherantly and I'm Australian...

Are you saying we aren't as smart as Americans? 

Around the Network

Just stand above them so they can't hurt you ;) Or even better.... ignore them

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

OriGin: Slang is what I presume he meant. Well, that was my interpretation.

But I'm Canadian, so what do I know? Aside from the Canadian National Anthem.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Sorry guy, why do you think hes a native speaker? Maybe he is a German or he comes from France? You are right, he is very hard to understand, but why all the hate, and not say, sorry I can't understand what you writing? Why make fun of him? How many of you speak more than your native language? I make a lot of errors too, thats because of 2 reasons: I have dyslexia and I'm not a native speaker.

I'm hanging out in the English web, watching TV shows in English, need it for work (computer scientist). My half day is in English, and I still make some funny errors.

Sorry guy's but I'll say don't be harsh, be nice and help him. Tell him that there are spelling checks for browsers. Help him, don't make fun of him.

so any of you geniuses could write what he said in french? spanish? chinese? russian?

very cool making fun of people with a different native tongue. very open and international and understanding of our mostly american members. any non english speaking mod wants to speak up? oh right - there aint none.

seriously vgchartz members - big failure.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
OriGin said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I was going to guess American junior high student, but by saying "taking the piss" he must be English or Australian or something.

Why english or Australian? I type quite coherantly and I'm Australian...

Are you saying we aren't as smart as Americans?

I think it was because the phrase "taking the piss" is australian (can't speak for the English, but it might be used there too)

@Just_Ben.
Its because he went on a tirade when he clearly isnt making an effort. I'm assuming he is a native speaker due to the way he uses english 'taking the piss' isnt a phrase most people learning English would use.
If he had dyslexia I would be more understanding however I'm guessing if he did he would have mentioned it in the OP, as he didn't I'm assuming he is a native English speaker who is merely either lazy or poor at spelling. As he even passed an English test he clearly can write in a far more coherent way than what he does and as such if people are going to give him a bit of ribbing its really his own fault =\

Once again, may I suggest you at least spell check your posts before posting them?

Well to have B+ in a test in a country were it isn't the first language, it isn't very hard! Like here, even though it's in Canada, the first language is French... Hell, I have 99% average in English and I know I make many mistakes.

But it's true he could use a spell checker or something... One mistake here and there isn't very hard to misunderstand but when it's the whole thing, it's hard to read.

Btw, I can't understand how he can say consal... If you spell it with the way you pronounce it, it's con-so-le. Unless he really can't speak English, which is what I assume.

"Taking the piss" is definately very English.

And beleive me, you don't have to be able to spell or use grammar properly to get a B, I got a C and a B for English (English-C, English Lit-B) yet i can spell and write more imaginatively than my sister, who got a B and an A.

check his post history...he is a liverpool fan and uses words like "peeps" and "corny" ....if he is not British i will be amazed.

@TWRoO - your signature just reminded me of the dreaded term I had to spend studying gothic literature last year. On the plus side that also reminded me of the classic Simpsons parody of 'The Raven'. Thank you, I'm laughing now.

Oh, and spelling and grammar is very important on alot of forums, if you wish to pointed in another direction, to a forum that allows poor English, (It even has a counter that updates every second for console sales!) just ask me.

Anyway, I'm off to play the new Crysis demo.