By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Divinity II: Ego Draconis

So kicking off the 360 RPG lineup early next year is Divinity II: Ego Draconis. It's already been released in Europe I think? The story entails you slaying dragons and early in the game you gain the power to become a dragon. Anyway, just discovered this game today, comes out January 5. Anyone played it or excited for it?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

Really, nobody but me? I know Mass Effect 2 is the RPG everyone's looking forward to, but still, this game looks like it'll be pretty good. Someone get excited with me!

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Show me a video or something about it please :D
Although i have too much too play and not enough time, adding another rpg is not gonna help..

Here's one. I'll post some more tomorrow, but that'll give you a good taste of it.

Wow, interesting.
You get to play as a dragon huh.

Around the Network
RJ@Melb said:
Wow, interesting.
You get to play as a dragon huh.

Yeah, there are points in the game where you have to be human to interact with people for quests and stuff and other points where you have to become a dragon to access certain areas. Definitely straying from the norm.

ill be looking around for it when january 5 comes, ill probably play it somewhere before i decide to buy it or not

What do you want to know ?
I've this and have played for like 10 hours on pc already (German, Polish and some other versions in EU have been already released, Belgium version for x360 is out too i think).

Generally it's much better than Risen with better combat and it has plenty of interesting quests.
Quests are done so they can not only be solved in two different ways but sometimes more if you decide to use mind reading skills.

Very solid game that could use some more polish but the small bugs or weird things are not game breaking.

On the visual front it looks better than Risen but worse than Witcher

I'd say it's 8 or 8,5 game than could be 9 if they put some more time into it.

Oh and despite those 10 hours put into it I'm still far away from reaching dragon form.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Will be released in Uk on 20th Nov, can't wait for this game. the 360 version looks soo much better than the awful Risen one.

I purchased it day one, and been playing it since. Unfortunately, 2 days ago, I took a look into Dragon Age and I put Divinity aside.
The game is marvelous. It has its shortcomings (in the technical field) but it is a very well structured RPG (I loved Divine and Beyond Divinity).
There is no comparison to the crippled 360 version of Risen.
Oh, and it has hours of gameplay.