By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First REAL TRAILER of PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Big Adventure

Well, this game has really made a turn around in my personal opinion about it. At first, I disliked it, claiming that it should have been a Pokemon RPG, but this is good too. The graphics are alright, and the gameplay seems pretty varied. I hope the game is long though.

This is the true definition of owning.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
trestres said:
But then a 3D Zelda doesn't make any sense either. Why doesn't Nintendo just make DS Zelda then? Neither does any game on the Wii that's already on the DS. Why did they make Animal Crossing Wii? Why did they make Super Mario Galaxy?

3D Zeldas nowadays tend to have higher returns but hy also serve to allow them to exploroe new gameplay opportunities that the 2D games do not.

You're asking for a Pokemon exactly like the handheld ones, only more expensive, slower to make, and bound to sell fewer copies. There is no financial or artistic justification for such an endeavour.

No, it will not be exactly like the Handheld ones. The player would be free to move in all directions, there will be more exploration, puzzle solving will be in 3D, battles will be more vivid. There can be a lot of other things that could be done that it is worth the effort.

By your logic then SMG was unnecessary, as well as Animal Crossing Wii. Then also why make Star Fox on the Wii if the DS ones are cheaper? Why keep on making 3D Zelda's when the DS ones sell similarly and cost way less to do? Why make a 2.5D metroid if the 2D ones are much cheaper and allow for the same gameplay?

Why did Nintendo make the Wii then? They should have just sticked with the DS if we follow your logic. Add motion sensing support on the DS and you have a  cheaper Wii.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Khuutra said:
Xxain said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
In this case, the ends don't justify the means, because it's completely unnecessary.

A full-fledged 3D Pokémon RPG would cost more, take longer to make and sell less than a portable counterpart would. I realize there are lots of people who want one, I'd think one was amazing, but it's just not worth it for Nintendo.

dude...has so many billions making a full fledge Pokemon wont hurt them even if it doesnt sell handheld lvs...taking longer?..so wat..

So you're not entitled to a console Pokemon game? That's the gist of it. Nintendo most likely won't make one because it doesn't make financial sense and it might actually weaken the brand ad take away sales from the mroe lucrative handheld versions.

Damn so I guess that means we forget about any of NINTENDOS recognizable IPs on the Wii that arnt Mario, Zelda and Metroid..

trestres said:

No, it will not be exactly like the Handheld ones. The player would be free to move in all directions, there will be more exploration, puzzle solving will be in 3D, battles will be more vivid. There can be a lot of other things that could be done that it is worth the effort.

By your logic then SMG was unnecessary, as well as Animal Crossing Wii. Then also why make Star Fox on the Wii if the DS ones are cheaper? Why keep on making 3D Zelda's when the DS ones sell similarly and cost way less to do? Why make a 2.5D metroid if the 2D ones are much cheaper and allow for the same gameplay?

Why did Nintendo make the Wii then? They should have just sticked with the DS if we follow your logic. Add motion sensing support on the DS and you have a  cheaper Wii.

Super Mario Galaxy has the same justification as the Zelda games, Animal Crossing has the justification that it probably cost about the same to make as the DS version and was expected to sell comparably as well as being a lynchpin for theh oliday 2008 lineup on the Wii...

Tell you what, trestres. You wil largue this point until your finger crack and bleed, holding to this false argument in spite of everything just because you think that your desires will lead to wish fulfillment, so I'll just make a bet with you.

No full-fledged "Pokemon [insert gem or metal or color or element here]" will be announced for the Wii by the end of 2011. Care to take the bet? Stakes are yours to set.

No I won't take that bet because I know it won't probably happen even if I believe it will. So nah, obviously, you aren't reading what I am saying. You are telling m,e it makes sense for Nintendo to make full 3D Wii games that sell millions less than their DS counterparts? You are acting in a condescending way. Why would Nintendo make a 3D Mario game on the Wii if a 2D Mario on the DS sold more than double? Why is Nintendo making a huge AAA Zelda game on the Wii from the ground up if they already have the engine on the DS. You are making no sense, it's more like trying to go against me than realizing what you are saying.

You realize that a real 3D Pokemon game would probably be like a new launch for the Wii? It would be massive and historic.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
No I won't take that bet because I know it won't probably happen even if I believe it will. So nah, obviously, you aren't reading what I am saying. You are telling m,e it makes sense for Nintendo to make full 3D Wii games that sell millions less than their DS counterparts? You are acting in a condescending way. Why would Nintendo make a 3D Mario game on the Wii if a 2D Mario on the DS sold more than double? Why is Nintendo making a huge AAA Zelda game on the Wii from the ground up if they already have the engine on the DS. You are making no sense, it's more like trying to go against me than realizing what you are saying.

You realize that a real 3D Pokemon game would probably be like a new launch for the Wii? It would be massive and historic.

The bolded part doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You said earlier that it would happen, yo usay now that you believe it will happen, yet you kow it won't happen? Those are mutually exclusive. Just come out ad say you were wrong when you spoke before.

The justification for 3D Mario games against 2D Mario games comes primarily in the fact that they're done by different teams who specialize in different ways and still make a very good return-on-investment, especially considering that a certain amount of resources has to be allocated in order to justify having a workforce of Nintendo's particular size.

They make Super Mario Galaxy for a combination of reasons: expectation of sales, preservation and strengthening of the 3-D Mario brand, artistic opportunities not presented by gameplay on the DS, on and on and on.

Zelda? Much the same thing, especially considering that the 3-D Zeldas tend to make for tremendous returns on investment - and the handheld vs. console Zeldas are still being made by diffeent teams to appeal to potentially different demographics.

A new launch? No, it wouldn't. Wii Fit was the Wii's new launch. Pokemon Wii might sell a few million, the two versions combined might even brush up against eight figures, but it wouldn't be "massive and historic". That's a pipe dream.

I'm not a fan of Pikachu but this game looks a lot better than I expected.

Currently Playing: - Pokemon Sun - 3DS

3DS Friend Code: - 4339-3849-0940

I'm tired of this "real 3D Pokemon" attitude. Apparently the various 3D titles are fake and people paid very real money for fake games like the Stadium titles.

The series will most likely be 3D, 5th generation anyway.

I also agree with the guy that said that battles will be slow as molasses if rendered in 3D. Anyone played Colosseum or XD: Gale of Darkness would know this.

Also, trestres, you're not even a fan of the series. You just want another reason other than Zelda to own a Wii. Get over yourself.

EDIT: OT - Nice trailer.  Looks like if the Stadium mini games, Mystery Dungeon, and the Snap environments had a baby.

Pixel Art can be fun.

@SmokedHostage: How the hell do you know that I am not a fan of the series? Some Nintendo fans are deplorable with their kiddie attitudes. I've watched the entire first 3 seasons of the anime as well as finished Pokemon Yellow, Blue, Gold. Played Sapphire on GBA and the Stadiums and Snap a lot on N64. Didn't buy the lame GC games.

Don't tell me what I am or what I'm not without even knowing me.

@Khuutra: Who says the Pokemon console game will mean no more handheld games? Just like they do with Mario, a new specialized team could be created, but you are being close minded and it's impossible to argue with you.

Sorry Majin, the post wasn't directed at you. Confused you with SmokedHostage.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@Majin-Tenshinhan: How the hell do you know that I am not a fan of the series? Some Nintendo fans are deplorable with their kiddie attitudes. I've watched the entire first 3 seasons of the anime as well as finished Pokemon Yellow, Blue, Gold. Played Sapphire on GBA and the Stadiums and Snap a lot on N64. Didn't buy the lame GC games.

Don't tell me what I am or what I'm not without even knowing me.

@Khuutra: Who says the Pokemon console game will mean no more handheld games? Just like they do with Mario, a new specialized team could be created, but you are being close minded and it's impossible to argue with you.

There is a difference betwen discontinuing a series and weakening a brand. What made you think they were the same?