By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Left 4 dead wii

IDK if any confirmation plz can someone message me so that i know cause i won't be looking at this thread now i don't think i will that is

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Around the Network
davidd_err18 said:

Left 4 Dead is not coming out for wii, you just hear about The Grinder, that is a High Voltage Software Game for the wii(this guys madeanother FPS for the wii "The Conduit"). Is a  4 online co-op game (similar to L4D) about some hunters and several monsters. This game was inspired by The Hunter a game that these guys made a couple years ago and obviously Left 4 dead, is not that much of a rip off. Ît looks pretty damn fun

Nice to see my vid up in here lol

ameratsu said:
psychoBrew said:
Farmageddon said:
Maybe he meant the footage he has seen looks better in the sense that it looks like it'll be a better game? Or maybe he meant it "style-wise"?

Either one of those or no, he's not talking about the same game, I guess :P

Footage, style, depth, gameplay.  Everything.  The Grinder is going to give you a deep experience (RPG elements, an economy, etc.).

This is the part where I tell you you're putting way too much stock in HVS, who still haven't released a high quality game. You know -- the sort that Valve is known for. While a L4D with Vampires could indeed be great, I'm not sure what you're basing your comments on. How the heck do you figure that it's going to have better gameplay? Better gameplay while having crippled voice chat, no splitscreen, no versus mode, and probable bland level design given what we saw with TC... yeah, I'm not buying that. If you plan on bringing up dual analog controls, please don't.

Depth? RPG elements? Ugh. Left 4 Dead proved that simplicity can be great thing. Each element in L4D is balanced to make sure nothing is overpowered, and teamwork is central to the whole experience. More depth implemented haphazardly could easily ruin this balance. Based on what you're saying, I'm not even sure you have much experience with L4D, as you seem to think that more is automatically better.

I like ripping apart baseless claims as much as the next guy, but come on. Give me something to work with here.

Wiimote = better gameplay, and how do you know what modes are going to be included?  And yes, The Grinder could end up being a much deeper experience.

Look, we all knew that the best we could hope for from The Conduit would be a good game for the Wii, but it would fail on any other console.  The Grinder could be a great game on any system.  There's a huge difference here.  Not only that, but the early graphics are excellent.  True, they need to make sure that gameplay is ballanced, but the RPG elements would be a welcome addition.

ameratsu said:
psychoBrew said:
Farmageddon said:
Maybe he meant the footage he has seen looks better in the sense that it looks like it'll be a better game? Or maybe he meant it "style-wise"?

Either one of those or no, he's not talking about the same game, I guess :P

Footage, style, depth, gameplay.  Everything.  The Grinder is going to give you a deep experience (RPG elements, an economy, etc.).

This is the part where I tell you you're putting way too much stock in HVS, who still haven't released a high quality game. You know -- the sort that Valve is known for. While a L4D with Vampires could indeed be great, I'm not sure what you're basing your comments on. How the heck do you figure that it's going to have better gameplay? Better gameplay while having crippled voice chat, no splitscreen, no versus mode, and probable bland level design given what we saw with TC... yeah, I'm not buying that. If you plan on bringing up dual analog controls, please don't.

Depth? RPG elements? Ugh. Left 4 Dead proved that simplicity can be great thing. Each element in L4D is balanced to make sure nothing is overpowered, and teamwork is central to the whole experience. More depth implemented haphazardly could easily ruin this balance. Based on what you're saying, I'm not even sure you have much experience with L4D, as you seem to think that more is automatically better.

I like ripping apart baseless claims as much as the next guy, but come on. Give me something to work with here.

Oh there are some people like that.

I've seen people argue that the worst games today are better then the best games on the NES.  So something like Alone in the Dark is better then Tetris.

I mean... I would go the other way.

I don't even think HD Tetris is better then Tetris.

Shinier tetris with full music just doesn't have the same charm that quirky midi music has.