By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does anyone think that people are making a big deal out of H1N1?

I know its a deadly disease and it should be prevented from spreading, but it has gotten to the point where it is ridiculous to see people in their attempts to do so.

A number of my teachers make us sanitize our hands before we hand in our papers.

If a student coughs they get kicked out of the room or sent home.

People don't even nod at you in church if you cough.

My neighbors make you sanitize your hands after everything you do.

Everyone at my school are literally scared to go near anyone who recently went on vacation to Mexico or any person of Sotuh American descent.

I don't think it would have spread as much if people did these things earlier:

Open the door from the bottom of the handle

Wash ur fking handsafter you take a piss

Sneeze in your sleeve

Fking shower

Wash your handswith soap and not overload on sanitizer

stop touching your face

sharing beverages and food

Now people learn and panic.

One Kid died in Toronto yesterday and the media dedicatesthe whole program to that death. How many people have died in Canada? Its under 80 people out of 32 million, same goes for US.

Around the Network

Sucks in your paranoid town.

My school kinda laughs at how people are freaking out over it, and when they get sick, they get better by resting. :P

Yeah the media totally blew it out of proportion. They needed a news story so they exaggerated H1N1. Although my Aunt is a doctor and she says the H1N1 is all through her town so it definately is real.

All I know is I got my H1N1 vaccination so I should be safe!!!!!!! Thank God I'm considered "high risk" because of the medications I'm on. I get mine ahead of the general population.

meh I think swine flu is a funny name and alot of people don't care BUT THE MEDIA SURE DOES! anyways... if the doctors lose their cool, freak out, do stupid things, mess up the vaccine then alot of people are screwed

p.s. Im not taking that vaccination... I dont trust it... and all you have to do is wash your hands

P.s.s I saw a commercial that said, (if you put this on, it will kill H1N1)...

It's a virus strain that is killing more people every month.

I'm fine with them riding the story to death because the alternative is less coverage which leaves more people ignorant about it and means fewer will take the proper precautions for themselves and their children.

I think a lot of the people who are saying there's too much coverage are the people in their teens or 20s who feel somewhat invincible and don't have children. A child's immune system isn't as strong as an adult's and they're at risk from viruses like this far more because of it. Something that you could shake off with a couple days in bed can be fatal to them.

If you're a parent then you damn well want to know when something is dangerous to your child and how to prevent it.

Around the Network

I won't get a H1N1 vaccination. I don't want it.

I'm sure it won't as bad as they say.

It's kind of funny to see people freak out though.

And lol there's this guy at school who has a mask -.-

Words Of Wisdom said:

I'm fine with them riding the story to death because the alternative is less coverage which leaves more people ignorant about it and means fewer will take the proper precautions for themselves and their children.

I think a lot of the people who are saying there's too much coverage are the people in their teens or 20s who feel somewhat invincible and don't have children. A child's immune system isn't as strong as an adult's and they're at risk from viruses like this far more because of it. Something that you could shake off with a couple days in bed can be fatal to them.

If you're a parent then you damn well want to know when something is dangerous to your child and how to prevent it.

One person died of the virus here. 1 out of 7 millions...and she was 87 years old!

Boutros said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

One person died of the virus here. 1 out of 7 millions...and she was 87 years old!

So your point is that because only one person has died where you live that everyone is safe and that no one should care or what?

As of today, 1,463 people have died of it in the US.  There were 210 fatalities in just this past week.

Eh. There is a reason why the media is making a big deal out of it. First flu pandemic since the Hong Kong Flu 40 years ago. They are kind of a big deal and with winter kicking in in the Northern Hemisphere it's going to get a lot worse up there.

Nah, not really.

I mean, sure, the media is blowing it out of proportion. They always do. Excitement pays the bills, so they always have to be excited about something.

If you look at what actual people are doing about the flu, they're just being sensible. Washing hands, staying home if they feel unwell, planning for illness, etc. The real impact of the H1N1 scare is to get people to adhere to best practices that they should be observing all the time. A little fear is healthy, and I don't think things are panicky yet.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.