By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is the Xbox 360 arcade SKU a bad deal?

oh. How much more is the Xbox 360 that can go online? :( I thought the arcade came with a big memory card though?

Around the Network

Diomedes - don't you even read about the specs of the memory card thats included with the Arcade?

You can go online with the included memory card and play. Just don't expect to download a ton of content.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

It's sorta bad that you can't enjoy stuff like downloading demos, trailers, or little games that were made specifically for the online service, but then again not everyone cares for that stuff, and you can just buy a hard drive separately if you want.

Unless I suddenly become veryveryvery rich overnight, this is probably going to be the SKU that I'll eventually buy.

To be fair though, unlike the PS3, your not *really* getting gimped on anything that can't be changed. The only thing that allows you all the stuff the arcade doesn't (BC, massive downloads, media, ect) is just the HDD. Get the HDD, and you automatically get all that stuff.

IMO, the Arcade is the way to go, merely because one never knows if MS will phase out the 20gb HDD (which I hope and feel they will), that way you can get a HDD when you want, rather than get stuck with the 20gb like all of us early addopters did.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

If you want a X360, and you don't care about the Hard Drive, get this SKU.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network

...wait, does this come with an XBox Live account, like the Premium model? That's $50 right there. Assuming you need to play online.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

I've just seen this model is released in the UK this Friday for £200!!

So they know what they can do with that!!

For xbox live I can just do 1 month free trails over and over though right? ;)

You dont need a harddrive for XBL, you can use it on this new machine. If you want to download content, demos, etc, you won't be able to fit much on the unit. But you can buy refurbished harddrives on ebgames for 60 bucks and even less on ebay. It's a good model.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.