By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crimson Gem Saga - Thoughts/Opinions?

I saw this game when it was initially released and it peaked my interest at the time. They released it for download on the PSN and i'm considering buying it. I've read some reviews and there have been mixed/positive reviews of it. I thought maybe getting some opinions from fellow RPG fans could help with my decision.

Has anyone here played it? I'm a big fan of RPG's, so an I usually like RPG's more then the average person would.

My main questions would be:

• How is the battle system? Fun enough?
  • How is the story?
  • Is the leveling up/customization good?
  • Any noteworthy faults? (I know about the lack of maps)

Thanks!

Around the Network

Hey, i love it, great game, great story! ... levelling up is like all the others, nothing new, i dislike the map system ... but overall its great, go get it! 9/10 Probably one of the best rpg's released on the psp this year!! in my top 5 on psp!

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

PeteyPeeps said:
Hey, i love it, great game, great story! ... levelling up is like all the others, nothing new, i dislike the map system ... but overall its great, go get it! 9/10 Probably one of the best rpg's released on the psp this year!! in my top 5 on psp!

thanks for the response.

Having beaten Brave Story, I now need an RPG that I can play on the go, so this is definitely looking like the game.

yeah its definitely better then brave story ... get it! :D also i forgot to mention ... i dont know why, but when u turn off your psp, it still counts it as game time ... you have to like exit the game and turn your psp off ... like i played about 4 hours ... turned it off, came back in 3 hours, said i played 7 hours ... i thought it was mistake, so i tried again overnight, and it added 9 hours!! ... so if you dont like false ' game time ' numbers ... u may wanna quit the game when ur done eachtime

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

i played and beaten/finished "Crimson Gem Saga" for about a few months ago.

I had fun playing it.
the battle system was great(turn base), the storyline didn't really caught my attention but it was okay.

the leveling part - it's very time consuming so it really suits u well since you're an RPG fan.

bad part in my opinion =
As you progress/level up on the game u get SP(skill points) and be able to use it on the "skill tree" AND here's the bad part about this leveling up on the skill tree,

if u look at the skill tree most are question marks "?????" so in order to see whats behind those question marks u need to use your SP so if u don't want it well u just wasted your SP lol.

so to summarize: great style and character. like i said it's time consuming -you'll spend most of the time leveling up to beat difficult boss. happy GRINDING! x) lol

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."